Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected??

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

Please keep all replies focussed as answers to the below.

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too.

------

I'm a (Province) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted) by Calgary. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

I applied to X,Y,Z schools.

I was interviewed at X,Y,Z schools.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

Guest jgray2

i'll start, i guess. this post is also meant to give hope to those people with a lower gpa -- it can be done.

i'm an albertan resident with a ba/bsc in psyc and cell bio. my gpa was 3.49. i'll be the resident dummy, i'll bet. my last (and best) 2 years were 3.68. my mcat scores were:

physical sciences: (12)

verbal: (10)

biological sciences: (13)

written sample: (O)

i was accepted by calgary. this is my second time applying to this school. last year, i was rejected pre-interview.

i applied to bc, alberta, manitoba, queens, western, toronto, calgary. was rejected pre-interview at all but calgary.

Guest mg83

Hey,

I was accepted and this was my second time applying to the school...was rejected pre-interview last year.

cGPA = 3.67

Last 2 years = 3.92

MCAT = 9P, 9VR, 13BS, QWS

Lots of EC's and I've worked in a hospital for the last 5 years

Guest Lurkergonepublic

I'm an Alberta resident 4 years done a Biochem undergrad. My GPA was about 3.56 and my MCAT scores were:

12,12,12,S

I was waitlisted by Calgary, then accepted in the first week of June. This is my 2nd time applying to this school. Waitlisted last year too.

I was accepted at UofA

Rejected post-interview by UBC

Wailisted at UofM

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Calgary as my first choice.

I have accepted my offer in Calgary.

Guest happy2bme

Accepted I'm a Calgary resident. My GPA was 3.78ish, best years 4.0, worst 2.65, and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: N- seriously, but look at my posts and my lack of sentence structure is obvious.

I was accepted by Calgary. This is my second time applying to this school. I loved the MMI!!!

I applied to Uof C and Manitoba schools.

I was also accepted today by UofManitoba, it was my first time applying to that school. Please note that I am also considered Inprov for manitoba because I graduated highschool there.

Of all the schools I applied to, I WILL attend Calgary as my first choice.

As a side note I am an older applicant(32) with healthcare experience and a family!

Guest UAlabrat

I'm both a B.C (high school) and Alberta (university) resident. I took five years to do undergrad, and I just graduated with BSc in Medical Laboratory Science

My cGPA was around 3.7, best 60 was 3.85 and my MCAT scores were 8 PS - eww, 11 BS, 13 V and R.

I applied to UBC, UofC, Western and Toronto... I was interviewed at both UBC and UofC.. I'm pretty sure the 8 in physical sciences made sure I was rejected pre-interview in Ontario..

I'm waiting to find out about UBC.. if I get in, I'm totally undecided about where to go!

Guest mg83

Too bad we can't switch spots....i was accepted in calgary and haven't heard anything from Uof A which is my first choice....wouldn't it be nice if we could :P

Accepted as a 3rd year, in-province applicant. Was working on a BSc in bio.

Year 1: 3.77

Year 2: 3.77

Year 3: 3.71

MCAT: 12 VR, 13 BS, 14 PS, P

Volunteered on hospital units, health promotion group at university, played intramurals and kept busy with clubs, did two summers of research work too.

I was also accepted at UofA, but I'll be coming to Calgary...see you all on August 2!!!!!!

Guest Lurkergonepublic
Too bad we can't switch spots....i was accepted in calgary and haven't heard anything from Uof A which is my first choice....wouldn't it be nice if we could

Maybe we could switch identities... of course for us that would mean a sex change. My wife wouldn't be impressed.

Guest bluedna

Hi everyone;

I am an out of province student (Ontario) and I was accepted to Calgary (and pretty shocked by that too!). When I got home my mom told me that a "very friendly lady named Adele" had called. I have also been accepted to Western and waitlisted to Queens and Ottawa. So I have some big decisions to make in the next few days. Congrats to all of you that got in. I was really happy to hear you got in "Happy"...I've been reading you posts for awhile (keeps me busy at work :P )

Guest mg83

"Maybe we could switch identities... of course for us that would mean a sex change. My wife wouldn't be impressed. "

Well medical technology has come far but i think that would be a stretch...maybe we could just swap houses/dishes/furniture to save on moving costs :P

Guest Stalin

I'm an Alberta resident who did a Bio degree and then law degree and worked for a few years. My 3.7 (best two years)

MCAT

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by Calgary. I was told to get lost by U of A (didn't want the 8 month winters) and all medical shcools in Ontario (bunch of communists, still pretending they can compete with Alberta) This is my first time applying to this school.

I applied to X,Y,Z schools.

I was interviewed just in Calgary school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Calgary

Congratulations to everyone

Guest medsmurf

I currently live in Alberta but for admissions purposes I am a B.C. and Alberta resident. Finished B.Sc in Biochemistry at UVic and M.Sc. in Immunology at U of A.

Undergrad GPA: ~3.75 (bombed first year but did much better in later years)

Grad GPA: 3.70

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: P

I was accepted by U of C, UBC and U of T.

Rejected pre-interview Queens, Western and Manitoba (application ineligible for Manitoba).

Waiting to hear from U of A (either waitlist or reject).

Second time applying to UBC, U of C and U of A.

First time applying to the others.

Of all the schools I applied to I am torn between UBC and U of C.

Guest try2dstress

I currently live in Edmonton but am originally from Toronto. For admissions purposes I am an Alberta resident. Finished B.Sc in Engineering at U of T and M.Sc. in Biomed. Eng at U of A.

Undergrad GPA: 3.68

Grad GPA: 3.90

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by: U of C, U of T, Western, Queens

Rejected pre-interview: Mac, Dal

Waitlisted: --

First time applying.

Of all the schools I applied to U of T is my first choice. This is for personal circumstances more than anything (so many people I miss and love there). If it were just based on impressions given on interview day, U of C would have won that contest! :) Honestly, U of C seems like it has really caring students and faculty and I was very impressed with the hospitality. I'm hoping that when I decline the U of C offer my spot goes to one of the awesome ezboarders on the waitlist.

Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those waiting!

Guest riffraff

I'm a 3rd year in-province resident in undergraduate studies doing a B.Sc at UofC. My GPA was 3.91 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 13

Verbal: 7 (yeah, I know..)

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by Calgary. This is my first time applying to this school.

I applied to many schools and only had an interview at UofC.

Guest faithnomore

I'm an Alberta resident in graduate studies. My undergrad GPA was 3.50 (3.90 in grad school) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 12

Biological Sciences: 10

I was waitlisted but ultimately accepted by Calgary. This is my first time applying to this school.

I applied to U of C and U of A.

I was interviewed at U of C and U of A.

Of all the schools I applied to, U of C was my first choice.

Guest grobz

I'm a BC resident just finished 4th year studies, but considered in-prov. My GPA was 3.80 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (10)

Verbal: (13)

Biological Sciences: (13)

Written Sample: ®

I was accepted by Calgary and UWO. This is my first time applying to these schools.

I was waitlisted at UBC and Queens.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UBC as my first choice.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wylie348

Well, it is still hard to breathe properly, but here it is - I got accepted! U of C e-mailed me no less than 30 minutes ago! Oddly enough, this was about the time I was drafting an e-mail to request information from my file from admissions- too bad I did not read my most recent emails first!

I am SO looking forward to getting together with EVERYONE who has been with me on this journey! Lets see if I can remember some of them: My Wife, Marble, Madz, Happy, Chi, George, Julius, and of course Susan and Adele. Sorry if I missed anyone...!

Here are my stats, but some are quite low or I have forgotten what they were, and since I do not have anonymity here (wylie348), I will have to leave some out...(Sorry):

I'm an Albertan resident having already completed a BEd, and MSc at U of C. My GPA was around 3.8 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: ?

Verbal: ?

Biological Sciences: ?

I was accepted by Calgary, off the waitlist (waitlisted twice). This is my second time applying to this school.

I applied to only U of C again this year.

I was interviewed at U of C for the second year in a row.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend CALGARY as my first choice.

Take care all, and I am REALLY looking forward to getting to know the class of 2009 better, and all you tuataras, meerkats and fulmars who have been so helpful!

:)

Congrats Wylie, that's awesome news!! I don't actually know ya, but after reading about your situation with UofC these last two years I'm really happy for you that this came through. Looking forward to getting to know ya, and getting my butt handed to me at foosball!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Habs14

I'm an AB resident one year out of undergrad. My cGPA was 3.56 (best 2 years 3.9) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (12)

Verbal: (11)

Biological Sciences: (12)

Written Sample: (Q)

I was accepted by Calgary after being waitlisted (offer came up June 19th).

I am waitlisted at Dal and Memorial. These are the only 3 schools I applied for and it is my first time applying.

U of C was my first choice all along so I'll see you at O-week!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LazyGuy

Hey all, im an AB resident. Just finished my BSc at Queen's (woohoo). I think my GPA was 3.7 and my MCAT was

PS: 12

BS:11

V:11

WS: Q

I had some volunteer experience, but zero research! so it is possible but i would definitely recommend people do research.

Was accepted at Calgary off the waitlist.

Was waitlisted at: calgary, western, and queens

Rejected post-interview:alberta

Rejected pre-interview: toronto and mcmaster

Can't wait for august!

Guest ale loofa

AB resident, finished my BSc in biology at UofC a year ago.

GPA around 3.6-3.7ish

PS: 12

BS:13

V:12

WS: T

I had a lot of volunteer experience, both in the hospital and in the community, and several years of research experience, but no publications.

Was accepted at Calgary off the waitlist.

I can't wait for August!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...