Premed 101 Forums

Myths, BS and a little bit of truth...for interviewees!!

Guest studentz

It is a tradition at UT meds to "name" the classes. This tradition seems to goes way back into the early days of the faculty.

The 4th year clerks graduating next year in the spring of 2011 are in the 1T1 class.

I am a third year, I graduate in 2012, my class is 1T2.

The first years are in the 1T4 class, they graduate in 2014.

See how it works?

The tradition stems from the 20th century. Back in 1946 for example the 4T6 class would sound like "four-T-six" when said out loud. The "T" is obviously a nod to Toronto. The whole play on the letter T does not work so well now that we are in the 21st century - but the tradition has stuck around.

Hope that clears it up. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Our class sent 2 full buses, almost as many people as there are in any med school class in Ontario, to Med Games with 4 exams in the two weeks that followed the event. We've had crazy (I mean that) parties in which we've 140+ people out. Yes we work hard, but we play just as hard. Many of my classmates will draw straws to be the first at me if I post some of my pics here.

I think on this forum should be more posts about how fun it is to attend university.  :)