Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest thesaug

My stats are posted in the TO thread. I dont know my wGPA, but my overall GPA is 3.95. I will be accepting UofT's offer so another spot will open on the UofO waitlist! Hang in there everyone! Good luck!

Guest 15Sacha

yet another waitlist space open!!! I'm off to TO. WWWOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Good luck waitlisters!!

See U of T thread for stats:rollin

Good Luck Western Girl! I hope you get in at Ottawa

Guest ritams01

Hi,

I just learned about this forum and I sure wish I had known about it before my interview! Anyways, I just completed my 4th year in undergrad and I had a 3.80 GPA when I applied to Ottawa. Today, I learned that I am on the bad wait list :\ . Congrats to all who got accepted, I can imagine how thrilled you must be.

Guest westerngirl2004

Congrats to everyone who have been accepted already!

I just found out that I've been 'good' waitlisted, so keeping my fingers crossed.

GPA: 3.90

MCAT: 7VR, 12BS, 12 PS, QWS

Ottawa is my 1st choice

edit: accepted off waiting list on June 14th :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrenchyMed

I've received the most wonderful call from Nicole Racine today!

Yay! I'm off the waitlist!!!

I have a B.A.Sc. Chem. Eng. and a M.Eng. I've been working for over 2 years.

I wrote the MCAT last summer but I'd rather not discuss it... :x

This was my 2nd time applying to Ottawa.

I will be joining the francophone class in September!!! :rollin

FrenchyMed

Guest Gill0927

I also got an incredibly wonderful call from Nicole Racine today...I swear, that must be one of the best parts of her job!!!!

I have an honours B.A. in Psych from U of O (Graduated May 2003), and I did 3 science courses this year as a special student.

I wrote the MCAT and have a 32S (VR 11, PS 11, BS 10), even though I know Ottawa doesn't look at it.

I'm not quite sure what my OMSAS GPA is, but my graduating CGPA at Ottawa was 9.1 . I think it translates to around a 3.9 weighted OMSAS-style, but I'm not sure.

Ottawa is my 2nd or 3rd choice, and I"m waiting on other waitlists, but I'm thrilled to be in and plan (right now) on attending Ottawa.

Guest Gordo58

I'm an OOP resident. This is my 3rd time applying to medical school and my first time applying to Ottawa U. I did my undergrad out of province and just finished a masters.

Grades not spectacular

Undergrad GPA:3.74/4 (weighted 3.9 i believe)

Grad GPA:4/4

Tonnes of extracurriculars... volunteering, varsity sports, etc.

MCAT

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: R

I was accepted off the waitlist by Ottawa on June 16th. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Ottawa as my first choice.

For all of you that dont get in, I understand how it feels, but persevere, keep trying and you will get in! have faith!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest torontodave

First Time applying. Applied Ontario 5 schools, interviewed Western, Ottawa; got waitlisted at Western, got accepted at Ottawa. Accepted Ottawa back in June.

Undergrad (Univ of Toronto) GPA: 3.82 (using ottawa's weighting system)

Grad (U of T) GPA: 3.9 - did not get considered as a graduate student at ottawa since I took my courses in my second year of my masters...and Ottawa therefore told me they don't care if I finish my degree or not...

MCAT (2001): VR:9 BS:10 PS:12 WS:R

Publications: one in Press, two in preparation

Research in Two Labs + Graduate Research

Never Volunteered

Been in the army reserves for 7 years (since highschool) as a medic - talked about that for about 5/8 of the interview

That's that for that.

Got a place to live in Ottawa two weeks ago - on Pixley...5 mins from the bedroom to the classroom! Will be coming back to Toronto every so often, so wouldn't mind carpooling or something.

• 1 month later...
Guest SwissMel

This was my first time applying to Ottawa (I applied to Mac last year) and I was accepted to the french class.

My GPA was around 3.75.

MCAT: VR-10, BS-9, PS-11

I had a really positive interview experience. It was more like a casual conversation than anything else.

I've done lots of voluteering (dialysis unit, outreach worker in Brazil, Terre des Hommes in Geneva). I had a year off so I lived as a nanny in Switzerland for 8 months to improve my french (it's my second language).

• 9 months later...
Guest satsumargirl

I'm so happy to be able to complete this now that the long wait is over!!

I'm an Ontario resident currently working as a speech-language pathologist. My GPA was 3.8something and I didn't write the MCAT.

I was accepted by Ottawa :rollin This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Ottawa as my first choice.

Congratulations everyone!!

Sats

Guest FrancophoneRN

I'm a nurse who graduated from the francophone programme at U. of O in 2003.

Now practicing as a PHN in Ottawa.

Accepted at Ottawa, french programme.

GPA (calculated): 3.28

MCAT: 24Q

I remember looking at these threads when I was in high school and thinking one day I might be able to add my info.. I can't believe that the day's come. (sorry for the sap :P )

Just finished 3rd year undergrad at UofT, wGPA 3.87, MCAT: VR-8, BS-12, PS-14, WS-S.

Accepted at Ottawa, English program. Will wait to hear from UofT before deciding which school to attend.

Congrats UofO 2009ers :)

Guest anony27

Accepted by Ottawa, english program.

I am an Ottawa resident. Completed a Master's in Public Administration in 2003.

WGPA = ?? (OMSAS didn't calculate my graduate marks as part of it).

Still talking to people / making my decision.

Guest zhenlun

got the news today... never thought this day would come... i got shingles cause the wait was killing me...here are my stats

finished 3rd at Mac Health Sciences... 2nd time applying (took a year off, thus applying twice as a 3rd year)

1st time: ottawa, UT, Mac (pre-interview reject)

queens (post-intevew reject)

uwo (never got off waitlist)

2nd time: Mac (pre-intervew reject)

ottawa, queens, uwo (accepted)

GPA: 3.87(overall) 3.88(weighted)

MCAT: 11V, 12P, 13B, R

EC: nothing super steller, did some volunteering, some travelling, never set foot in a lab

haven't decided where to go yet... but just wanted to say to all those who don't get in this year, not to beat urself up... easier said than done... i had a really hard time last year with not getting in and literally everyone around me getting in somewhere... but it worked out... and hopefully it will for you too next year... keep hope alive

Guest littlekainer

After doing repeated laps of excitement this morning around my apartment, I am sitting down to contribute to this thread...

Accepted to U of O, English program...this is my second time applying but the first time I got interviews...

MCAT: PS - 7, BS - 8, VR - 10, WS - O (thank god they didn't look at these!!)

WGPA: 3.92

EC - lots of travel, volunteer, lab work, etc.

Just completing as Master's degree, as we speak....(seriously, I'm still writing my thesis...or at least I should be...but instead I'm procrastinating doing this. ;) )

I'm waiting to hear from U of T...but I think I'll probably say yes to Ottawa. Can't wait to meet all of you!!

Cheers.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm a Ontario resident in graduate studies. My GPA was 3.8 something and my MCAT scores were (not great....):

Physical Sciences: (6)

Verbal: (9 or 10)

Biological Sciences: (7)

Written Sample: ( I can't remember but i know it was the highlight of my MCATS :) )

I was accepted by Ottawa. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend ottawa's med school because it is my first choice.

( I was also wait listed for McMaster...and accepted to a school in the US) :)

I'm a Ontario resident in graduate studies. My GPA was 3.8 something and my MCAT scores were (not great....):

Physical Sciences: (6)

Verbal: (9 or 10)

Biological Sciences: (7)

Written Sample: ( I can't remember but i know it was the highlight of my MCATS :) )

I was accepted by Ottawa. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend ottawa's med school because it is my first choice.

( I was also wait listed for McMaster...and accepted to a school in the US) :)

Just curious. If you don't mind telling, which school is US you were accepted in? Do you have legal status to live in US?

• 8 months later...

I was an Ontario resident in undergrad life sci. My GPA was about 3.9 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 15

Verbal: 13

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: Q

(But Ottawa doesn't care about MCAT anyway...)

I was accepted by Ottawa. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to (UT, McMaster, Ottawa), I wanted to attend U of T as my first choice.

• 2 months later...
Hey,

i just got accepted to uottawa in biomedical,

and my goal is to join the medschool so i was wondering what GPA i should try to have to get there

thank you

Hey there, probably want to start a new thread for that :)

In a nut shell though you should get getting 85% or higher in every one of your classes.

• 1 month later...

Applicant for Sept. 2009 Entry, University of Ottawa: Accepted

- - - -

I'm a NB resident in undergraduate studies. My cGPA was 4.1 on a scale of 4.3and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: T

This was the 1st time I wrote the MCAT.

Interview Feeling/experience: U of O was a great interview experience- the questions were fair, and the interviewers very cool. I didn't, however, get led back to the foyer. Overall, good experience.

This is my first time applying to this school. I was ACCEPTED.

- Premed Guy