Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest ozymandiasking29

Hi all,

I'm an Ontario resident who just completed a third year in biology. My GPA was 3.88 and my MCAT scores were:

Verbal - 13-15

Biological - 11

Physical - 10

Writing sample - S

I was accepted by Queens. This is my first time applying. My first choice is Western.

Guest also in limbo

I'm a BC resident who just completed a Chemistry degree at Queen's. My GPA was around 3.75 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: O

I was waitlisted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UBC as my first choice.

Guest Natalie

I'm a Nova Scotia resident, just completed a BSc. in Micro & Immunol at Dal. My OMSAS GPA was 3.6 and my MCAT scores were:

Verbal - 10

Physical - 10

Biological - 11

Writing sample - R

I was accepted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

I'll be attending Dal.

Guest peachy

I'm an Ontario undergrad. I don't recall how Queen's calculates GPA's, but mine was somewhere between 3.8 and 4.0 for them. My MCAT's were V10 P11 B11 R, and I was accepted by Queen's. This is my first time applying, and I will be attending U of T in September.

Guest Jerika81

I am an Alberta resident and I just finished my Honours BSc in Psychology at U of Calgary.

My GPA for Queens was 3.93.

MCATs VR 11, BS 9, PS 12, WS R.

I was rejected by Queens!!!

And really surprised because I thought my interview went great. I have a feeling one of my referees only filled out the form and didn't realize they were supposed to attach a letter. Would this be cause for a rejection? or would they have looked into that. Oh well, I'll probably never know.

I was waitlisted at UWO and at U of A.

I was accepted at U of C.

My first choice is UWO.

Guest Danish

Hi, I'm a B.C. resident who completed a BSc in mechanical engineering at Queen's in 2001. My GPA is 3.8 and my MCAT scores are:

Verbal: 10

Physical Sciences: 12

Biological Sciences: 13

Writing Sample: S

I was accepted by Queen's and this is my first time applying. I'm still waiting to hear from Western to make a decision.

Guest DonaldKaufman

I'm a Massachusetts resident (originally from N.S.) who completed a BSc in biology at Dalhousie in 2001. My GPA is 3.88 and my MCAT scores are:

Physical Sciences: 13

Biological Sciences: 9

Writing Sample: O

I was waitlisted by Queen's and this is my first time applying.

Guest Blackbird15

Hey there,

I'm a quebec resident with a BSc (Hons) in Biology from Mac. I just got the good news from my dad that I was accepted at Queens! I was really surprised because I was so unsure about my interview...

My stats are

OMSAS GPA: 3.77

MCAT: 35P

This is my first time applying to med school. I'll be turning the offer down to go to McGill. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest QueensGirl07

I'm an Ontario resident, I just finished 4 years of undergrad life sci at Queen's. My GPA was 3.96 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 13

Verbal: 12

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: N (I'm a science kid, I can't write essays!)

I was accepted by Queens, Toronto, Ottawa, Mac and McGill. This was my first time applying.

I'm coming to Queen's in September and I'm so excited! It was VERY close between here and McGill, but I love Queen's, so I'm staying.

Guest drews97

Waitlisted at U of A, Queen's and UWO initially but found out yesterday that I got into Queen's. I am 80% sure I want to attend Queen's. Since I'm in Alberta a part of me will make me seriously consider U of A if I get accepted there as well.

Stats:

OMSAS GPA: 3.70

MCAT: 33Q

This is my first time applying to med school.

Guest seedstrike

Got off the waitlist yesterday. Still on the waitlist for Western, Toronto. 3rd time applicant.

GPA: 3.8ish

MCAT: V 10, B 13, P 14, Wr S

Some research and volunteering.

It's between Western and Queen's. If I don't hear from Western by the deadline, I will be coming to Queen's. The decision is purely based on location ( I live in Windsor ) as I loved everything about both schools equally.

Guest DrDMMD

I'm an Ontario resident in undergrad studies. My GPA was 3.72 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Queen's or UWO as my first choice.

Guest carbonrod

Hey,

just got my acceptance off the waitlist today. 84% average with a pharmacy degree, v10 p10 b12 O. UBC and calgary are probably the first choice as I'm from BC, but I'm really excited to go to Queens. This is my first time applying to Queens.

Guest GrdInquisitor

I was accepted off the Queen's waitlist a few days ago. 3 year major in Psychology at U of T. OMSAS GPA 3.77. VR 10, PS 10, BS 11, WS S.

Good Luck to all.

Guest JC15

I'm a BC resident and just finished my BSc in Chemistry at UBC. I got accepted from the Queen's and Manitoba waitlist yesterday, still waitlisted at Western, rejected from UBC.

GPA: ~87%

MCAT: V10, P12, B11, WS:Q

Guest hoping

I'm wait listed at the only school where I applied. GPA 3.8, MCAT 31/Q.

JC15, congratulations! And how much time did Queens give you to decide on their offer? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ural8201

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies at York University. My GPA was 3.86 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: R

I was waitlisted and then accepted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

Guest cheshirecat12

Hi all,

I'm an Ontario resident and graduated from the honors Microbiology & Immunology program at UWO.

I was initially waitlisted by Queen's, but was accepted sometime in late June. I was granted early acceptance at the University of Manitoba, waitlisted by UWO and declined (without interview!) at U of T--don't know what happened there. Anyway, Queen's was my first choice!

GPA~ 3.8

MCAT: 13-15 VR; 12 PS; 12 BS; Q

I was fairly happy with my interview at Queen's. There was a lot of variety in my extracurriculars, but nothing that required an excessive time committment. This was my first time applying to med school.

Guest whosonfirst

I'm an Ontario resident just finished undergrad studies at Western. I was accepted at Queen's (firmly accepted!) and Ottawa after being waitlisted. I didn't get an interview at Western or Toronto.

GPA: 3.93

MCAT: VR 10, PS 12, BS 12, P

This is my first time applying.

• 9 months later...
Guest Kirsteen

I'm an Ontario resident in graduate studies (MSc Epi-UofT). My graduate GPA was >3.85 (undergrad GPA is much more difficult to calculate) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: S

I was rejected by Queens. This is my more than third time applying to this school. (The MCAT scuttled my chances at Queen's each time.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nops

I'm a NB resident with a BSc from the University of Alberta.

I've been accepted from the waitlist. Emial came in on the afternoon of 15 June.

cGPA: 3.1

Last 2 GPA: ~3.7

MCAT: VR13, PS10, BS9, Q

First time applying. Of all the schools I applied to (U of A, U of C, Ottawa, Dal), Queen's is first on my list. Has been from day one.

Bil :D

Guest Nightriders19

I received an offer of acceptance at Queen's!

My cGPA is ~3.88

MCAT scores:

VR 12

PS 12

BS 14

WS N

This is my second time applying to Queen's, as well as my second interview. I was waitlisted last year.

Nightrider

Guest DesertRat101

Hi,

I was rejected from Queen's. This is my second try.

I am an Ontario resident with B.Sc. in Life Science

cGPA 3.97

MCAT:

PS = 11

BS = 12

VR = 11

WS = p

Guest surajca

Im an Ontario resident....

cGPA: 3.78 (at time of application)

MCAT: 11VR, 12PS,13BS, R

I was rejected by Queens, mainly because of a shabby interview experience, with completely non-responsive and antagonistic interviewers.