Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Hi all,

Here's a quick questionnaire regarding the admissions process at Queens. We ran this questionnaire last year, and I'd like to keep it going on an annual basis so we can generate some profiles of applicants who have been accepted, rejected, or placed on a waitlist for each school. If you are applying this year, please take a few minutes to fill out the below questions. :)

Please keep all replies focussed as answers to the below; I will delete any non-answers in this thread. If you have any questions, please start a new thread so that this one stays on topic. Please check out the big thread in the General Premed Forum as well to let us know which schools accepted you, and which ones waitlisted you or rejected you: pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm0.showMessage?topicID=648.topic

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too. :)

------

I'm a (Province) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted) by Queens. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

------

Ian

Guest cheech10

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies at UofT.

I was accepted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UofT Med School as my first choice.

GPA 3.99

MCAT 40R

Guest Angie

HI!

I received my Queen's acceptance letter yesterday (along with one from McMaster). I am an Ontario resident with a Biomed degree and an (almost) one year M.Sc. Nutrition degree from Guelph.

This is my first time applying to med school. I haven't heard from Western or Ottawa, and I am on the waitlist at Calgary.

I think (?) my first choice is going to be McMaster, maybe Queens.

Guest WaitingSomeMore

I'm an Ontario resident just finished my 3rd year of a Science degree.

I was waitlisted by Queens. This is my first time applying to medical school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Queen's as my first choice. I haven't heard yet from UofT (my only other shot this year).

GPA 3.91, MCAT 37Q

Guest JSS02

I'm an Ontario resident and have completed my 3rd year of undergraduate studies at U of T.

I was waitlisted by Queen's. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend the University Of Toronto or UWO as my first choice.

GPA:3.99, MCAT:38R

Edit: I received an acceptance from Queen's (in the mail, no phone call) on June 20th.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey guys!

I am an Ontario resident and I completed my honours B.Sc. in Biology & Chemistry at Wilfrid Laurier University in 2001.

I was accepted by Queen's and Western, but no news from Ottawa. This was my first time applying to Queen's and UWO, 2nd time to U of O.

I will be attending UWO next year as it is my first choice.

GPA: 3.82

MCAT: 30S

Guest Sumi23

Hey guys!

I just finished my bsc at ubc in pharmacology.

I was waitlisted at queens. Got off the waitlist today (june 27th). First time applicant.

Queen's is my first choice.

GPA: 3.79

MCAT: 30N

Guest AniyaSG

I'm an Ottawa resident and finished my MSc Biology in January at UofO

Will (in all likelihood) be declining offer from Queen's in order to accept offer from UofO.

That's one more off the infernal waitlist :)

Guest onionsneakers

I'm an Ontario resident in my second year of a Masters thesis at U of T.

I was accepted by Queen's. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I think I'd like to attend Mac as my first choice. (This was a difficult choice to make because of how different an experience Mac is likely to be.)

MCAT: 11, 11, 9, N

GPA: I don't really know - anywhere from 3.51 (cumulative) to 3.8 or so (recent undergrad years)

Guest juan

I am Ontario resident, graduated in 2001 from UofT's human biology.

Rejected by Queens (accepted by Western)

First time applicant

GPA 3.8 (two last years) MCAT 10 10 12 Q

Guest Da Birdie

I'm an Alberta resident in 3rd yr undergrad at UT

I was waitlisted by Queen's. This is my first time applying to this school.

Queen's and UWO both sound pretty good to me...

GPA 3.8#

MCAT 38R

Guest jase133

I'm a BC resident in undergraduate studies.

I was accepted by Queens. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (unsure) as my first choice.

Guest Ontario Steve

I was accepted at Queens, waitlisted at Ottawa (good letter) and accepted at UWO and Mac.

GPA: 3.98

MCAT: 41T

I am currently completing my MSc. in biopharmaceutical engineering at a US school. I have been accepted at both Harvard and Yale and will likely not attend a Canadian school.

Guest bluesky125

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies at Queen's.

I was Waitlisted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UofT Med School as my first choice.

GPA 3.8#

MCAT 33 O

Guest missing Manitoba

I'm a Manitoba resident and just completed a BScH at Queen's.

I finally received my rejection from Queen's. (Silly Queen's -- NO ALUMNI SUPPORT FOR YOU! :P )

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend the University of Manitoba as my first choice.

In true Queen's fashion, I was sent a rejection and an undergraduate award notification on the same day. I might have been deemed unworthy of being a physician, but at least I'm getting a plaque! :rolleyes

I'm a Nova Scotia resident - completed my BSc. several years ago, followed by two health care diplomas.

I was accepted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Queen's as my first choice - 99% sure :)

Guest melissa

I'm a Quebec/Ontario resident finishing a Biochem degree at Queen's.

I was rejected by Queen's. This is my second time applying to this school. I got accepted at McGill, U of T and UWO. I was rejected without an interview at McMaster. Queen's would have been my number one choice, but I will accept U of T.

I'm an Ontario resident and completed my BSc Hons Kin at Waterloo in 2001.

I was waitlisted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Mac would have been my first choice, but Queen's is a very close 2nd.

Guest The Fox Rox

Hi All

I'm a Alberta resident who just completed 3rd year of Cellular Molecular Molecular Biology (Hnrs) and psychology joint degree at U of C.

I was waitlisted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school. (I was accepted by U of C, and still waiting to hear from U of A and U of T)

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend U of A as my first choice.

GPA:3.84

MCAT: 11-VR, 11-BS, 13-PS, S

(one published paper, decent extracurricular etc. etc)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Da Birdie

Hi guys

I'm a Alberta resident who just completed 3rd year of Molecular Genetics & Biology in UofT.

I *was* waitlisted by Queen's. Just happily got removed from the waiting list today. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I like UT, UWO, and Queen's equally...each has its pros and cons.

GPA:3.83

MCAT: V10, B13, P15, R

(no pubs, variety of ec but not exceedingly impressive)

(interview went well..came out with a smile)

• 11 months later...
Guest bad hombre

I'm an Ontario resident who just finished his 3rd year of a biology degree at Queen's. My GPA was 3.85 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 13

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: R

I was waitlisted by Queens. This is my first time applying to this school. I didn't get in by June 25, I'm accepting my offer from UWO.

Guest Nightrider

I am an Ontario resident who just finished her 3rd year of Science at Waterloo. My GPA is 3.87 and my MCAT scores were:

Verbal: 12

Biological Sciences: 14

Physical Sciences: 12

Writing Sample: N

I was waitlisted by Queen's. This is my first time applying to medical school. Queen's is my first choice (and only choice this year...).

Guest thelaze

I'm an Ontario resident with an HBSc from U of T. I took a year off after graduation in 2002 to work, mostly in research.

GPA: 3.83 (last two years

MCAT V12 P10 B12 P

Not a great interview, felt really nervous and got asked some strange questions.

I've been waitlisted at Queen's, but Toronto has accepted me. I will likely pull of the waitlist for Toronto. Yay for waitlisters there's one more coming off! This is my first year applying.

Guest Nadz227

I'm a (Ontario resident, recently completed my 3rd year of undergrad studies. My GPA was 3.98 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (13)

Verbal: (10)

Biological Sciences: (10)

Written Sample: (Q)

I was accepted at Western and Queen's (both off the waiting list) and I am going to Queen's :)