Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Hi all,

Here's a quick questionnaire regarding the admissions process at UWO. We ran this questionnaire last year, and I'd like to keep it going on an annual basis so we can generate some profiles of applicants who have been accepted, rejected, or placed on a waitlist for each school. If you are applying this year, please take a few minutes to fill out the below questions. :)

Please keep all replies focussed as answers to the below; I will delete any non-answers in this thread. If you have any questions, please start a new thread so that this one stays on topic. Please check out the big thread in the General Premed Forum as well to let us know which schools accepted you, and which ones waitlisted you or rejected you: pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm0.showMessage?topicID=648.topic

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too. :)

------

I'm a (Province) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted) by UWO. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

------

Ian

Guest Sumi23

I'm a BC resident in undergrad studies. APplied in 4th year.

I was rejected by UWO. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Queen's as my first choice.

MCAT: 10/10/10 N

GPA: 3.79

Sorry it was N not M

Guest awong37

Hello,

I just wanted to clarify that Sumi23 did not receive an interview and *then* get rejected - in case anyone's wondering. It would appear that the only reason that he/she did not receive an interview would be due to the inadequate essay scores on the MCAT. The offers/waitlists/rejections were sent yesterday (May 31), so they should be arriving shortly. Good luck to all those waiting!

Best,

Alex.

Guest Augz

Finally, all the waiting is offer. I'll be able 2 sleep with a smile!!!

I'm an Ontario resident in undergrad studies. Applied in 4th year.

I was accepted by UWO and waitlisted at Queens. This is my first time applying to either school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UWO as my first choice.

MCAT: 12/11/11 R

GPA: 3.76

Guest cheech10

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies.

I was waitlisted at UWO. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UofT as my first choice.

MCAT: 12/14/14 R

GPA: 3.99

Didn't have a very good interview.

Guest amanda

I'm an Ontario resident from Toronto, and I just finished my 3rd year of an undergraduate degree.

I was accepted by UWO - the letter came this morning. (for those of you who care, the envelope is big, light brown, and marked with an xpresspost label.) This is my first time applying to any medical school.

I applied everywhere in Ontario, had interviews at Western, Queens, Toronto and Ottawa, and my first choice is Toronto.

My OMSAS GPA was 3.79 when I applied.

My MCATs are: 13 Phys., 12Biol., 11Verbal, Written S.

My last name starts with T.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey guys!

I am an Ontario resident from Brooklin and I completed an honours B.Sc. in Biology & Chemistry from Wilfrid Laurier University in 2001.

I was accepted by UWO and Queen's; no word from Ottawa. It was my 1st time applying to UWO and Queen's, 2nd time to Ottawa. As I made no secret of, UWO was my 1st choice and I will be accepting a spot at Western for September of 2002.

OMSAS GPA: 3.82

MCAT: 30S

Best of luck, all! :)

The TimmyMax

Guest hmsdread

Hi all,

Just called home and had my sister open my envelope. It was good. ;)

I'm an Ontario resident, and I just finished my Honours B.Sc. in biology at the University of Windsor. This was my second time through the application cycle, but my first time having interviews.

I was accepted by UWO and Ottawa, with no word yet from Toronto. It doesn't matter though, because I'll be accepting the UWO spot. Good luck to all those waiting.

MCAT: 32Q

GPA: 3.89 (or so)

hmsdread

Guest juan

I'm a Ontario resident. I finished UofT's human bio 4 year degree in 2001.

I was accepted by UWO. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UWO Med School as my first choice.

GPA 3.8 (last two years)

MCAT 31Q

Guest heyheyhey

I'm a ontario resident in B. Sc Biology studies.

I was waitlisted by UWO. This is my first time applying to this school.

Gpa: 3.82

Mcat: 33 S

BTW: it would be helpful if people could post thier post interview impression. I had a VERY good impression. (what do I know)

Guest Feathers McGraw

Curious and heyheyhey... are you both from windsor?? lol. Us Windsorites seem to be running around in circles here in these forums.

I'm an Ontario Resident with a BSc. honours with thesis. This is my second year applying to UWO, and my second interview.

I've been waitlisted, but I'm hoping and praying I get that magical phone call from UWO admissions soon.

MCAT: 31Q

GPA: 3.8ish

I had an average interview experience. Not my best int, but definately not the worst.

Guest aneliz

I am an Ontario undergraduate and this is my first time applying to any med schools.

I have been accepted by UWO and am still waiting for mail form UofT. However, UWO is my first choice and I will be accepting Western regardless of UofT's decision on me!

GPA: 3.93 (best year)

MCAT 13-15, 13, 13,S

Interview impression: I was really, really unsure of how it went but was more convinced that I had blown it with every passing day.... (You can read my post-interview post in the 'bad interview experience' thread.)

TimmyMax et al., see you in September!

Guest silvanabolano

I am an Ontarion resident. Doing my third year of nursing

I was waitlisted by UWO. This is my first time applying to this school

My first choice is U of Ottawa

Guest JSS02

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies, and have completed 3rd year at U of T.

I was waitlisted by UWO. This is my first time applying to any medical school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend U of T or Western as my first choice. Thanks to all of those who will be withdrawing an acceptance or waitlist from Western.

MCAT: 11/14/13 R

GPA: 4.0 (best year)

Edit: I was accepted by Western (off the waitlist) on June 18th.

Guest smu2001

I'm a NS resident in and received my BSc in Bio/Psy Minor in 2001.

I was waitlisted by UWO. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UWO as my first choice. I was rejected by Queen's and am still waiting to hear from Sask and Dal.

MCAT: 11, 9, 10, Q

GPA: 3.92 (best year)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Justaguy

I'm an Ontario resident, just finished undergrad at U of Windsor.

I was initially waitlisted but now accepted by UWO. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Western as my first choice for sure.

MCAT 10,11,12,R

GPA 3.96 (overall), 3.98 (best year)

• 11 months later...
Guest adlinner

I'm an Ontario resident in third year undergraduate studies (combined Biochem/English Lit). My GPA was 3.97 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: S

I was accepted by UWO (and UofT). This is my first time applying.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Queen's (waitlisted) as my first choice but would be quite happy at Western - damn fine school!

Guest peachy

I'm an Ontario undergrad. My UWO best-two-years GPA was 4.0, my MCAT's were V10 P11 B11 R, and I was accepted by UWO. This is my first time applying, and I will be attending U of T in September.

Guest Huffer

I'm an Ontario resident just finished my third year at Queen's. My GPA was 3.98 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 14

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by UWO. This is my first time applying to this school.

I'm not sure what my first choice is. Either UWO or Calgary. Probably Calgary though.

Guest JC15

I'm a BC resident and just completed my BSc in Chemistry at UBC. My GPA was 3.89 (best 2 years) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: Q

I was waitlisted by UWO and Queens. I was rejected by UBC and am still waiting to hear from Manitoba. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UWO as my first choice.

Edit: I was accepted by Queens and Manitoba July 7.

Guest Jerika81

I just finished my Honours BSc in Psychology at the University of Calgary.

My best two years GPA was 4.0, MCATs VR 11 BS 9 PS 12, WS R.

I was waitlisted by UWO.

I was rejected by Queens.

I was waitlisted by U of A.

I was accepted at U of C.

My first choice is UWO. May the waitlist move swiftly!!!

Guest Danish

Hi, I'm a BC resident who did a BSc in mechanical engineering at Queen's. My GPA is 3.8 and my MCAT scores are:

Verbal: 10

Phys: 12

Biol: 13

WS: S

I was accepted by Western and this is my first time applying.

Guest bad hombre

I'm an ontario resident who just finished a 3 year degree at Queen's. My GPA was 3.96 (best year) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 13

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by UWO :) . This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Queen's as my first choice.

Guest PARTY cal

Hey,

I am an Alberta resident (and proud of my Beef). I will be finished my Masters Degree at UofC in August.

My Western GPA was: 3.92

Verbal: 9

Physics:10

Bio: 10

WS: R

I was accepted by UWO. YEE-HAW

UWO is my number one choice. I was waitlisted by UofC and still waiting to hear from UofS.

Guest Supersuperstar

Got accepted by U Ottawa, UT, and Western.

Definately going to U of ottawa.

I've heard that they've got an awsome heart institute that's internationally renowned. Easy to do electives. Cool profs and classmates.

Best of luck with everyone!!!

Super