Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest IAMTORONTONIAN

:o I am on the waitlist at UWO (the only school I applied to)

I just finished my third year at U of T

My OMSAS GPA is 3.96 both years

I destroyed the MCAT (or should I say it destroyed me??)

Verbal: 9

Bio: 11

Phys: 9

WS: Q

My first choice is obviously UWO (great program, great ppl!)

Hi all,

I got accepted to Western, too. This was my first time applying to this school. However, I am going to make some waitlister happy (:D ) because I am declining my offer in favour of U of T. I just got such a positive impression of U of T, the profs and students during my interview. And no, I am not super-competitive nor do I want to do a specialty in ENT (left nostril). At least not yet!

My MCAT was a fine 32-R and GPA somewhere around 3.75-3.80. I finished by BA in Environment and Health last year and have been working in research this past year.

Good luck to all waitlisters!

BJ

Guest Crazyformeds

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 3.99 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 14

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by UWO. This is my first time applying to this school. I was also accepted by U of T and waitlisted at Queen's and Ottawa (good waitlist).

Of all the schools I applied to, UWO was my first choice and I am accepting their offer!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Interleukin

I'm a Toronto resident who did a BScH at Queen's. My best year GPA is 3.8 and my MCAT scores are:

Phys: 10

Biol: 10

WS: R

Waitlisted at Western. Rejected from other ONT meds.

1st choice? Western!! :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cataya

west coast undergrad, 3.85 GPA

verb 9

phys 12

biol 13

writ R

first time applying, waitlisted for a month but finally:rollin

also waitlisted at Mac and U of C

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clair Huxtable

Ontario resident. finished Micro&Immu at UWO + 1 extended year. This is my second time applying.

GPA - 3.74

MCAT - V10, B11, P10, W Q

I was waitlisted at queens and UWO.

Just got off the list at UWO. I will be accepting.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently waitlisted at UWO and Queens after being rejected by UBC, UofC, UofT (before interviews), and UofA (after bombing an interview).

I'm a UVic graduate (biology). My GPA on the 9-point scale was 7.95, which translates to 3.8 or so. My MCATs were V10/P10/B11/Q, which seem average now that I've seen some of the high scores out there.

I think my serious problem has been my lack of experience at the tender age of 20, as well as supreme nervousness at my first interview. Looking ahead to next year...

edited to remove questions...questions relocated to 'info on waitlist' thread to keep things tidy.

• 9 months later...

I guess I'll get things going...

I'm an Ontario resident and did my undergrad in Hon. Bio at WLU. I was accepted by Western. GPA was 3.89, MCAT

PS 9

VR 12

WS R

BS 13

I'm still waiting to hear from Queen's, Toronto, Alberta, and if I'm waitlisted or rejected at Ottawa.

Guest bruhaha

Ontario resident, just finished 3rd year English Lit at Waterloo. This is my first time applying. GPA 3.94, MCAT P11, V12, B13, S. I have lots of extracurriculars but 0 research and pretty basic volunteering.

i've been accepted at Western and it's my first choice (I had a hankering for one of those blue jackets, but Queen's is too far to drive :b )

Guest T dawg 2004

So, I'm London-bound, it seems...

MCAT

Phys. Sci: 11

Bio. Sci: 10

Writing: Q

Best two years GPA: 3.74, 3.70 (i just made the cut-offs i think). (grad 2003 H.B.Sc. Immunology, U of T; then this year I'm at OISE/UT doing a B.Ed.)

I had a very good interview though, i think. I felt really good both during and after... I think the interview committee really was able to get a good sense of who I was and what I stood for. Best of all, I knew I belonged, I just knew that I had to let them know that - and apparently, I did!

Guest deamd

I am 3rd year western student - Bach. Med. Sci. Just got accepted, first try. Previous undergrad and graduate degrees...

GPA - HMMM..3.8?? (91 overall, 88 this last year - but give me a break! I just had a baby! Yay!)

MCATS:

V -10

P - 10

B - 12

W - R

Interview went really well, with lots of laughing and discussion..lots in common with the people.

Not sure if I am going to accept yet, we are trying to decide between Western and UBC...

Good luck all!

Dea

Guest ioncannon97

Hey guys, here are my stats:

Finished 3rd year at University of Saskatchewan (completed 3 year BSc in Biochemistry)

OMSAS GPA: 4.00

MCAT: 36R

I have been accepted by Toronto, Sask, and Western. Still waiting for Queens. Most likely will be choosing UT.

Guest UT0T4

I was accepted by UWO. Recently graduated w/ H.BSc (Immunology) from UofT, first time med school applicant.

OMSAS GPA = 3.94

MCAT: 11P 9V 11B WS:S

- Decent mix of extracurriculars and volunteer activities

- Several summers of research (no conferences, abstracts or papers)

- Thought my interview was pretty @#%$ as I caught the faculty member nodding off a couple of times...

I have decided to accept an offer from toronto. Best wishes to those still waiting to hear!

Guest Lorae

I'm an Alberta resident with a BScN (nursing). This was my first time applying to Western and I was accepted. Here are my numbers:

CGPA: 3.79

MCAT: 32R

PS: 9

VR: 10

BS: 13

I'm still waiting on Toronto, but I'm sure I'll be attending Calgary!

Guest joj2

First time Quebec applicant, just finished second science undergrad.

GPA (best year): 3.9

MCAT: 10,10,10,Q

Had a great interview experience. Was very impressed with with the school, and will definitely be accepting.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Guest DrTK

Hi all!

I just finished my 3rd year Biochem at Mac and I was accepted by Western. It was my first time applying. My GPA was 3.76 and my MCAT scores were:

BS-13

PS-10

VR-11

Writing-R

My interview experience at Western felt unbelievable. I was also accepted by McMaster and waitlisted by Queens. I am provisionally accepting Western and waiting to hear about Queens before making my final decision. Maybe I'll be meeting some of you in the fall!!

TK

Guest mydream88

Hi all :)

I have been waitlisted at UWO and accepted at U of T :D

my stats:

gpa: 3.79 by Western's formula, 3.83 best year

mcat: 9VR, 10BS, 10BS, QWS

this is my second year applying to UWO.

mydream88:)

edit: I will be pulling off the waitlist to attend U of T! I really hope that this helps get some of you guys off to UWO. good luck :)

Guest aimshigh

Hi everyone,

I have an undergrad degree in Biology and have been working the past two years. This is my first time applying to Western and I've been accepted! This is my second time applying for med school in total (last year - U of C, U of A, U of S).

Stats:

GPA: 3.77

MCAT: 10 V, 9 PS, 10 BS and Q WS

I've also been waitlisted at U of C.

Like many others on this thread, I had an unbelievable interview experience. Though short (30 minutes), I truly felt like I was able to connect with the interviewers! Looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall!

A

Guest Apna

BC applicant... finished B.Sc. (Biology) in 2003...

VR 10, PS 10, WS Q, BS 11

OMSAS GPA: 3.82

I think I had a decent interview, we had some laughs and talked a little hockey :) My EC's are ok, no research or anything, but plenty of volunteer work... I'm only 21 though...

I was waitlisted last summer too, but to no avail... I REALLY can't stand another summer of being strung along!

Guest choti

i got the two words I was dreading most: "WAIT LIST"

arrghhh!!

Ontario applicant

GPA 3.92 on my best year

MCAT:

Verbal 10, Phys Sci 11, Bio 10, Writing Sample R

best of luck to everyone waiting along with me!

Guest californicator

VR 10

BS 11

PS 12

WS Q

I might've done better if I had told them more about my accomplishments.

EDIT: I got into Queen's in the 23rd round of offers. Have a good time at Breast-ern kids~!

Guest RageoftheDragon

Waitlisted.

2 years GPA: 3.78 and 3.86. B.Sc. Hon. Microbiology at UofS.

MCAT: V9, P10, B11, WT.

Interview was ok. Never felt anything special out of it. The community member and I had a common interest in politics, and I completely misheard the student and answered a question she never really asked, but she still liked what she heard:lol .

I'm waiting to hear from UofS as well, but hoping for UWO.

RotD