Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a Quebec resident completing my PhD degree in biomedical sciences at University of Montreal. My CGPA was 3,80 and I never wrote the MCAT.

Extracurricular activitives:

- I've been volunteering for one organism a year for the past 3 years (between 20 and 50 hours a year)

- I've done 2 internships in research (physiology and psychiatry) + 1 in the pharmaceutical industry. 4 months each

- I used to work in a biology lab while I was in CEGEP (so I started doing research very soon)

- I've had a very productive MSc, which I completed in less than 5 sessions, with 4 publications (3 as first author), a lot of presentations, a few distinctions & grants

- I had a few of unrelated part-time jobs that I still mentioned because it shows how productive I am, since I can manage to have multiple jobs while studying full time.

- I've been competing as a figure skater for more than 10 years (national level) & now I'm into aerial arts / circus (between 5 and 10 hours per week)

I was waitlisted, and then invited (28/01) by McGill.This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend McGill or University of Montreal (not sure yet) as my first choice.