Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got acccepted from the waitlist this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

cGPA was low: 3.54 ( I must win lowest GPA )

MCAT: Verbal 10, Bio 11, Phys 12 Total 33P

Theatre for 12 years, hospital volunteering and research experience with a ton of random leadership involvement in the past.

This is my first time applying and wow..... I didn't really believe it would happen :)

• 9 months later...

I'm an in-province resident that has completed my science degree in dietetics at McGill. My CGPA was (3.80/4.00) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: S

Extracurricular activities: Interprofessional health student group, student government, intramural sports, volunteer @ fair-trade store, and lots of first-hand experience in hospitals and the community thanks to my undergrad and recent work experience as an RD.

I was accepted by McGill. This is my first time applying.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend McGill as my first choice.

In-province applicant

B.Sc. Honours Microbiology and Immunology

+ Certificate in English/French Translation

cGPA: 3.71 (far from 4.0!!)

MCAT: P: 13, V:10, B:10, W:Q (on the 3rd try!)

Many years of research experience, honours project with published paper, volunteering for the past 6 years at hospitals for children, art journalism, published artwork, doctor shadowing in China one summer, then the past six months working on AIDS awareness project in Hamilton, ON and New Delhi India.

McGill was my first choice. First time applying.

Accepted!

Yay!

In province applicant

B.Sc. honors biochemistry at Bishop's University

cGPA 3.92 (as calculated by OMSAS)

MCAT P: 11 V: 13 BS: 14 W: P

5 years on student councils including a year as VP, lots of in school volunteer and committee work, Summer volunteering in a hospital, Debate team, a number of clubs, lots of work experience, honors in a research lab at the Sherbrooke research hospital.

McGill was my first choice. First time applying

Accepted!!!

Alright so im one of those forum creepers haha.......no I never really had anything useful to say until now.

I have been accepted at McGill

I'm in province, finished a B.Sc in Biochemistry. My cGPA was (3.69/4.0) and my MCAT scores were: 32R

Physical Sciences: (12)

Verbal: (8)

Biological Sciences: (12)

Written Sample: ®

Extracurricular activitives:

Lots of random part time working experiences (staples, the bay, things like that), worked at a clinic for a year, did research 2 summers and got a 2nd author paper. Played all kinds of sports. Nothing out of the ordinary at all.

This is the THIRD TIME I apply, and 2nd time to interview, so NEVER GIVE HOPE. Keep trying and you will get it!!!!

Congrats to everyone accepted, and for ppl waitlisted best of luck. This is an exteremely competitive process, and there is definitly too many qualified candidates for a limited number of spots, so don't take it to heart and keep at it.

I'm a Québec resident starting my M.Sc degree in Nutrition at UdeM. I finished my B.Sc. in Biomedical Sciences and a certificate in Gerontology at UdeM in December. My CGPAs were 3.93/4.0 for my B.Sc. and 3.90/4.0 for the cert. and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (9)

Verbal: (10)

Biological Sciences: (10)

Written Sample: (O)

Rather decent for having studied 2 weeks for it :D and showing next year's applicants that you can get an interview and be admitted with an under 30 MCAT.

Extracurricular activitives: Medical biologist at a fertility clinic, 15 weeks of heading a research project with a COPSE scholarship, Millenium Foundation Scholarship, informal and formal (paid) tutoring at UdeM, 5 years of blood drives at Hema-Quebec, 2 years at Montreal General Hospital, 5 years of various volunteering during High School (impoverished communities etc.)

I was accepted by McGill.This is my second time applying to this school. First time was straight out of CEGEP.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend McGill as my first choice.

I'm an in-province resident completing my B.Sc degree in Chemistry at McGill University. My cGPA was (3.86/4.0) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (14)

Verbal: (11)

Biological Sciences: (13)

Written Sample: (M)

Extracurricular activities: 2 years of summer research (1 NSERC), two executive positions, choir, intramural sports

I was Waitlisted by McGill. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend McGill most.

Here's hoping for some waitlist movement.

I am an IP completing a BSc. degree with an Honours in Psychology at McGill. My cGPA is 4.0/4.0. My MCAT scores were as following:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 14

Writing Sample: T

Extracurricular activities: president of high school & member of exec. committee, member of CEGEP health promotion team, peer tutoring, volunteer tutoring, hospital volunteering, chairperson of a hospital volunteering program, mentor with Big Brothers & Big Sisters, field placement course in a psychiatric hospital, research in gastroenterology (volunteer), honours thesis in neuroanatomy, 2 NSERCs (one declined, one that I have accepted for this summer)

I was accepted to McGill :D This was my second time applying (I applied for Med-P after completion of CEGEP).

I will most likely attend McGill next year. However, I will not make any decisions until May 15th (when Ontario schools send out letters).

Never thought I will be posting here, but I hope this could help others:

I am an IP. Completed 6 y. medical program + 1 y of residency abroad. I applied to McGill and other three Ont med schools where I submitted a WES assessment of my credentials: GPA of 3.42/4.00. GPA with which I applied to McGill is unknown.

Canadian prereqs: 3.73/4.30 and 89.5%.

My MCAT scores were as following:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 11

Writing Sample: M

Extracurricular activities and volunteering (2 pages with no space :rolleyes: )

I was rejected pre-interview from ONT and accepted to McGill. First time applying.

Anyways, McGill was my first choice. SO: for those whose mother tongue is not English, who graduated from international colleges and universities including IMGs ( if you are ready for this) - IT IS DOABLE!

disclaimer: took me almost 8 years :rolleyes:

Congrats to those who were accepted! GL to everyone!

I'm not sure how much this information can help but in the event that it may help someone looking to apply to mcgill next year, here are my stats!

First time applying here, accepted also as an IP. Finishing a double major in biology and philosophy.

MCAT 12P/9V/12B/Q

cGPA 3.9

ECs: a bunch including clubs, piano teaching, lab and clinical research, volunteering abroad. (I really think it's what you got out of your ECs rather than the number of things/what you actually did)

Of all the schools I've applied to, I'm still unsure as to whether McGill or UofT is my first choice. I guess I'll see if I even have a choice come May 15th!

• 1 month later...

I'm an in-province student and this was my third year applying, third year getting an interview, yet I'm stuck on the waitlist once again. Here's hoping it moves!!

Undergrad: BAHons in Psychology at Carleton (approx. 3.81/4) BScHons Biology at Carleton (in one year) (approx. 3.9/4). Won medals for academic achievement for both degrees. I'm carrying a 3.94 in my Master's at McGill.

MCAT:

PS: 10

VR: 12

BS: 10

WS: M (ooops!...was not my day for writing)

EC: Volunteering at hospital and outreach program, various student groups, scholarship policy committee, 1 NSERC, 1 paper under revision, teaching for Kaplan (won Teacher of the Year)

Had glowing letters of reference and one interviewer remarked that I had had unique experiences in my personal life that he felt made me a much better candidate for medical school and practicing medicine than other applicants he saw.

I guess I'm just getting really frustrated with the whole experience. I'm giving it one more go for entry in 2009 and then it's on to career plan B.

HEY BENRA 83,

I feel for you and understand your pain, my experience with mcgill applications is very similar to yours. My stats are very similar and I also have a very complete EC profile. At this year's interview one on the interviewers even told me not to worry that i'd get in..... I cant describe the disappointment I felt when I got the waitlist notice. I do not understand why mcgill doent release the waitlist stats, all the otehr quebec schools do. At least I still have some hope for Laval where I am in a somewhat favorable position on the wait list..... Well I wish you good luck and hope you get in, you deserve it at least. If not why not try in a the other quebec schools next year, with your stats youll have a great chance, and french aint that bad ;P

I'm an in-province student and this was my third year applying, third year getting an interview, yet I'm stuck on the waitlist once again. Here's hoping it moves!!

Undergrad: BAHons in Psychology at Carleton (approx. 3.81/4) BScHons Biology at Carleton (in one year) (approx. 3.9/4). Won medals for academic achievement for both degrees. I'm carrying a 3.94 in my Master's at McGill.

MCAT:

PS: 10

VR: 12

BS: 10

WS: M (ooops!...was not my day for writing)

EC: Volunteering at hospital and outreach program, various student groups, scholarship policy committee, 1 NSERC, 1 paper under revision, teaching for Kaplan (won Teacher of the Year)

Had glowing letters of reference and one interviewer remarked that I had had unique experiences in my personal life that he felt made me a much better candidate for medical school and practicing medicine than other applicants he saw.

I guess I'm just getting really frustrated with the whole experience. I'm giving it one more go for entry in 2009 and then it's on to career plan B.

Wow, that's a crazy story. I'm surprised you didn't get in yet, and feeling a little worried myself now!

Why would they tell you something like that, only to send you to the waitlist? Crazy that an interviewer would give that kind of feedback without being able to guarantee it.

yikes.

I registered just to write this. I got an acceptance offer from the waitlist from McGill yesterday as an IP applicant. It's good.

Degree: Honours in Immunology

GPA: 3.83/4

MCAT: 38R, PS: 14, VR: 11, BS 13, WS R

Well, keep your phones close guys, you might hear something.

Cheers,

I registered just to write this. I got an acceptance offer from the waitlist from McGill yesterday as an IP applicant. It's good.

Degree: Honours in Immunology

GPA: 3.83/4

MCAT: 38R, PS: 14, VR: 11, BS 13, WS R

Well, keep your phones close guys, you might hear something.

Cheers,

i can't believe they would waitlist someone with stats like this