- - - - -

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ian Wong_*

Guest_Ian Wong_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2002 - 04:36 AM

As with the thread in the General Premed Forum, here's a quick questionnaire regarding the International med school admissions process.

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out for with your experiences applying to international med schools, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too. :)

------

I'm a (Province or State) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies, and have (Canadian or US or XYZ) citizenship. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)
Verbal: (y)
Biological Sciences: (z)
Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted) by XYZ med school. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

Accepted at: RCSI
Rejected at: UCD
Waitlisted at: Ross, SGU

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

------

Ian

#2 Guest_ Clipper _*

Guest_ Clipper _*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2002 - 03:22 PM

I'm an Ontario resident at U of T who just graduated with a Human Bio Degree. I have Canadian citizenship.

Interviewed: Cambridge (UK), Oxford (UK), Warwick (UK), St. Georges, University of Toronto.

Accepted: Cambridge, Warwick, St. Georges

Still to hear from: University of Toronto

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Cambridge as my first choice.

#3 Guest_MDCY_*

Guest_MDCY_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2002 - 10:01 PM

I'm a Alberta resident who graduated in 2001 with a Bsc. in Biochemistry. I have Canadian citizenship.

I was interviewed and rejected by the University of Calgary, rejected (I assume since they haven't said a single word) by the University of Alberta and accepted by St. George's University medical school. This is my first time applying to these schools.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UC as my first choice but I'll take SGU!

MCAT: 10, 9, 9, P

#4 Guest_dfenst_*

Guest_dfenst_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2002 - 03:49 AM

I'm a Quebec resident who did an undergrad in business and technology at McGill (graduated in 1999). I applied to a bunch of schools this year. I got interviews at McGill, SUNY - Syracuse, and St. George's.

Accepted = St. George's (January '03)
Waitlisted = McGill
Rejected = SUNY - Syracuse

MCAT = 8,10,R,11. Rewriting this year in case I decline St. George's and McGill doesn't work out.

#5 Guest_M0ses_*

Guest_M0ses_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2003 - 02:09 PM

I'm an Ontario resident in an undergrad Bsc Hons (biology) studies, and have Canadian citizenship.

I was accepted by UCD and Trin. This is my first time applying.

Of all the foreign schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UCD Med School as my first choice.

GPA - 3.36 (cumulative science), MCAT - 11V/9B/8P, P

UCD - accepted
Trin - accepted/declined
RSCI - withdrew app
UCC - withdrew app

#6 Guest_mymomthinksimacatch_*

Guest_mymomthinksimacatch_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2003 - 04:49 AM

I'm a BC resident with a BSc in Pharmacology, and have Canadian + British citizenship.

I was accepted by UCD med school. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UCD as my first choice.

#7 Guest_tappety tap_*

Guest_tappety tap_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2003 - 06:41 PM

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies, and have Canadian citizenship.

I was accepted by Trinity med school. This is my first time applying to this school. But I rejected it becauase I was admitted into the SIX year program because my degree is in psychology and not biology/biochem/physiology etc....

#8 Guest_tappety tap_*

Guest_tappety tap_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2003 - 06:43 PM

and...

gpa 3.6 ish

MCAT 8V 9P 10B

#9 Guest_Dmac_*

Guest_Dmac_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2003 - 05:22 PM

I am an Ontario resident with an Hons.BSc in Pharmacology and Physiology from UofT. I applied late to UCD med school (on the "waitlist") and was accepted to UCC med school,
GPA ~3.3
MCAT V9 P10 B9 W S, ...will likely accept the UCC offer for Sept. 2003

#10 Guest_Badkarma25_*

Guest_Badkarma25_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2003 - 01:27 AM

I went to McMaster University, did a biology degree with a 2.9 gpa, then gerontology 2nd degree with a 3.6gpa, did not write the mcat, applied to university college dublin, university college cork, trinity college, and royal college of surgeons...denied at tcd and rcsi, accepted at ucd, didn't hear back from cork but assume i was denied because i never wrote the mcat.:lol

#11 Guest_Badkarma25_*

Guest_Badkarma25_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2003 - 01:28 AM

this was my first time applying to these schools, i didn't really have a preference but i've accepted the ucd offer and am off in september...

#12 Guest_flames2oo4_*

Guest_flames2oo4_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:46 AM

I'm and Alberta resident, graduating this semester with a BSc. in Biology. This is my first time applying to any med school. I've tried in-province here in Calgary, and Edmonton, as well as a couple of schools in Ontario. No luck with Western, otherwise I haven't heard back within Canada.

I've been accepted at RCSI, I interviewed with them in San Fran a couple of weeks ago. I've also applied to UCD and UCC, but no word yet.

My GPA at UofC is around 3.4, up to around 3.7 in my best years. I scored a 31Q on the MCAT, which I wrote in 2002.

RCSI is my 1st choice, but I'd seriously think about UofC or UofT if one of those worked out.

#13 Guest_knifeparty43_*

Guest_knifeparty43_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:32 PM

I'm a B.C. resident finishing my BSCH in life science at an ontario university. I didn't apply to anywhere in Canada this year, however, I applied to four irish schools.

Just got into RCSI. Interviewed in new york.
My gpa is a whopping 3.3. MCAT 30Q (2003). Mad extracurriculars: clinical trials research, counselling, hospital, occupational therapy volunteer, sports, pottery...

#14 Guest_Baby Dragon_*

Guest_Baby Dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:29 PM

Hi!

I'm a Canadian citizen from Ontario who did two undergrads at McMaster (BSc Computer Science and Biology) and UWO (BA Psychology). My GPA at MAC was 3.0 and at Western was 3.85 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10
Verbal: 11
Biological Sciences: 9
Written Sample: Q

I was accepted to RCSI, UCC, and UCD. This is my first time applying to these schools.

Accepted at: RCSI, UCC, UCD
Rejected at: TCD
Waitlisted: Dalhousie

Depending on how you look at it, I am a sucker for love or I went and lost my mind, and withdrew from Dal's waitlist, and I accepted UCD's offer way back in Feb!

#15 Guest_ezrock_*

Guest_ezrock_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:28 PM

I'm an Ontarioresident in Undergrad (just finished it) studies, and have Canadian citizenship. My GPA was 3.75 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12
Verbal: 11
Biological Sciences: 13
Written Sample: Q

I was ACCEPTED by University College Cork med school. This is my first time applying to this school.

Accepted at: UCC
Rejected at: none
Waitlisted at: TCD

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Queens/Western as my first choice.

------

Ian

#16 Guest_brownthug_*

Guest_brownthug_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:50 AM

I finished my Bsc. HOnors cell biology at western this year. Interviewed for U of T and RCSI

Accepted to RCSI
Waiting for U of T

Gpa ~ 3.6ish
Mcat ~ 30 S (10PS 9VR 11BS)

No response from UCD and UCC

#17 Guest_shetland23_*

Guest_shetland23_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:00 AM

hey clipper,
i thought u werent allowed to apply to cambridge and oxford at the same time? how did you manage that? what college did you get into in Cambridge.
Peterhouse all the way

#18 NeuroMed

NeuroMed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:29 PM

Hey all,

My undergraduate gpa is around 3.6 from the University of Toronto. I scored a 35Q (13, 12, 10; V, B, P) on the MCAT (not that it mattered).

I applied to Barts and the London (University of London), Warwick, King's College London (University of London), Queen's and Western

I interviewed at Barts, Warwick, KCL, Queen's and Western

Was accepted at Barts and Warwick (4 year med programme)

Waitlisted at Queen's and Western

I will be attending Barts in the Fall.

#19 DiscoDoc

DiscoDoc

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:09 PM

Hey all,

My undergraduate gpa is around 3.6 from the University of Toronto. I scored a 35Q (13, 12, 10; V, B, P) on the MCAT (not that it mattered).

Waitlisted at Queen's and Western

I will be attending Barts in the Fall.

It's absolutely ridiculous that Canadian schools won't accept someone with those kind of stats.

#20 DiscoDoc

DiscoDoc

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:35 PM

Accepted to Saba for September 2008. I will probably go there if all else fails up here in Canada.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users