Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

As with the thread in the General Premed Forum, here's a quick questionnaire regarding the International med school admissions process.

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out for with your experiences applying to international med schools, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too. :)

------

I'm a (Province or State) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies, and have (Canadian or US or XYZ) citizenship. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted) by XYZ med school. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

Accepted at: RCSI

Rejected at: UCD

Waitlisted at: Ross, SGU

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

------

Ian

Guest Clipper

I'm an Ontario resident at U of T who just graduated with a Human Bio Degree. I have Canadian citizenship.

Interviewed: Cambridge (UK), Oxford (UK), Warwick (UK), St. Georges, University of Toronto.

Accepted: Cambridge, Warwick, St. Georges

Still to hear from: University of Toronto

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Cambridge as my first choice.

• 1 month later...

I'm a Alberta resident who graduated in 2001 with a Bsc. in Biochemistry. I have Canadian citizenship.

I was interviewed and rejected by the University of Calgary, rejected (I assume since they haven't said a single word) by the University of Alberta and accepted by St. George's University medical school. This is my first time applying to these schools.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UC as my first choice but I'll take SGU!

MCAT: 10, 9, 9, P

• 5 weeks later...
Guest dfenst

I'm a Quebec resident who did an undergrad in business and technology at McGill (graduated in 1999). I applied to a bunch of schools this year. I got interviews at McGill, SUNY - Syracuse, and St. George's.

Accepted = St. George's (January '03)

Waitlisted = McGill

Rejected = SUNY - Syracuse

MCAT = 8,10,R,11. Rewriting this year in case I decline St. George's and McGill doesn't work out.

• 7 months later...
Guest M0ses

I'm an Ontario resident in an undergrad Bsc Hons (biology) studies, and have Canadian citizenship.

I was accepted by UCD and Trin. This is my first time applying.

Of all the foreign schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UCD Med School as my first choice.

GPA - 3.36 (cumulative science), MCAT - 11V/9B/8P, P

UCD - accepted

Trin - accepted/declined

RSCI - withdrew app

UCC - withdrew app

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mymomthinksimacatch

I'm a BC resident with a BSc in Pharmacology, and have Canadian + British citizenship.

I was accepted by UCD med school. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UCD as my first choice.

Guest tappety tap

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies, and have Canadian citizenship.

I was accepted by Trinity med school. This is my first time applying to this school. But I rejected it becauase I was admitted into the SIX year program because my degree is in psychology and not biology/biochem/physiology etc....

• 1 month later...

I am an Ontario resident with an Hons.BSc in Pharmacology and Physiology from UofT. I applied late to UCD med school (on the "waitlist") and was accepted to UCC med school,

GPA ~3.3

MCAT V9 P10 B9 W S, ...will likely accept the UCC offer for Sept. 2003

• 1 month later...
Guest Badkarma25

I went to McMaster University, did a biology degree with a 2.9 gpa, then gerontology 2nd degree with a 3.6gpa, did not write the mcat, applied to university college dublin, university college cork, trinity college, and royal college of surgeons...denied at tcd and rcsi, accepted at ucd, didn't hear back from cork but assume i was denied because i never wrote the mcat.:lol

• 6 months later...
Guest flames2oo4

I'm and Alberta resident, graduating this semester with a BSc. in Biology. This is my first time applying to any med school. I've tried in-province here in Calgary, and Edmonton, as well as a couple of schools in Ontario. No luck with Western, otherwise I haven't heard back within Canada.

I've been accepted at RCSI, I interviewed with them in San Fran a couple of weeks ago. I've also applied to UCD and UCC, but no word yet.

My GPA at UofC is around 3.4, up to around 3.7 in my best years. I scored a 31Q on the MCAT, which I wrote in 2002.

RCSI is my 1st choice, but I'd seriously think about UofC or UofT if one of those worked out.

Guest knifeparty43

I'm a B.C. resident finishing my BSCH in life science at an ontario university. I didn't apply to anywhere in Canada this year, however, I applied to four irish schools.

Just got into RCSI. Interviewed in new york.

My gpa is a whopping 3.3. MCAT 30Q (2003). Mad extracurriculars: clinical trials research, counselling, hospital, occupational therapy volunteer, sports, pottery...

• 4 months later...
Guest Baby Dragon

Hi!

I'm a Canadian citizen from Ontario who did two undergrads at McMaster (BSc Computer Science and Biology) and UWO (BA Psychology). My GPA at MAC was 3.0 and at Western was 3.85 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 9

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted to RCSI, UCC, and UCD. This is my first time applying to these schools.

Accepted at: RCSI, UCC, UCD

Rejected at: TCD

Waitlisted: Dalhousie

Depending on how you look at it, I am a sucker for love or I went and lost my mind, and withdrew from Dal's waitlist, and I accepted UCD's offer way back in Feb!

• 9 months later...
Guest ezrock

I'm an Ontarioresident in Undergrad (just finished it) studies, and have Canadian citizenship. My GPA was 3.75 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: Q

I was ACCEPTED by University College Cork med school. This is my first time applying to this school.

Accepted at: UCC

Rejected at: none

Waitlisted at: TCD

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Queens/Western as my first choice.

------

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brownthug

I finished my Bsc. HOnors cell biology at western this year. Interviewed for U of T and RCSI

Accepted to RCSI

Waiting for U of T

Gpa ~ 3.6ish

Mcat ~ 30 S (10PS 9VR 11BS)

No response from UCD and UCC

• 11 months later...
Guest shetland23

hey clipper,

i thought u werent allowed to apply to cambridge and oxford at the same time? how did you manage that? what college did you get into in Cambridge.

Peterhouse all the way

• 1 year later...

Hey all,

My undergraduate gpa is around 3.6 from the University of Toronto. I scored a 35Q (13, 12, 10; V, B, P) on the MCAT (not that it mattered).

I applied to Barts and the London (University of London), Warwick, King's College London (University of London), Queen's and Western

I interviewed at Barts, Warwick, KCL, Queen's and Western

Was accepted at Barts and Warwick (4 year med programme)

Waitlisted at Queen's and Western

I will be attending Barts in the Fall.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey all,

My undergraduate gpa is around 3.6 from the University of Toronto. I scored a 35Q (13, 12, 10; V, B, P) on the MCAT (not that it mattered).

Waitlisted at Queen's and Western

I will be attending Barts in the Fall.

It's absolutely ridiculous that Canadian schools won't accept someone with those kind of stats.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...