Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Deferred/Waitlisted for Current Applicants

Guest HaliEngineer

Guest HaliEngineer

As requested in the "acceptance" Thread!

-Maybe tack on what day you were interviewed?

If you can copy and paste the below form, and fill it out, that'd be awesome. If you want to contribute your GPA and MCAT stats in addition, that's great too.

------

I'm a (Province) resident in (undergraduate or graduate) studies. My GPA was (XYZ) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (x)

Verbal: (y)

Biological Sciences: (z)

Written Sample: (z)

I was (accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred) by Dalhousie. This is my (first/second/third/more than third) time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (XYZ Med School) as my first choice.

Guest overjoyed

I'm a Nova Scotian resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was (3.8-3.9 - not sure of the exact number)) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 9

Written Sample: P

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend DAL Med School as my first choice.

(I was interviewed on Feb 4th, and heard back Feb 27th):D

Guest jenstar

Hello folks,

First - overjoyed, congratulations on your acceptance!

Second - completely ecstatic to join you in Fall 2006 :D

Now what you've been waiting for, my stats:

From Nova Scotia, had my interview on Feb 18th!

10VR/9PS/10BS/O

GPA: I think it's 3.8 for the last 3 years of undergrad, higher included grad degree.

2nd time applying and Dal was my first choice - so obviously accepting their offer :D

Best of luck to the rest of you waiting!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest naleczow

I'm a Nova Scotia resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 4.3 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Dalhousie as my first choice.

Got my letter today - March 15th (even though it was dated March 7th)

Guest HaliEngineer

I'm a NS resident in graduate studies. My GPA was 3.7 ((8 yrs) - 2.0-3.0-2.0-3.3-3.3-3.7-4.0-3.9) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 9

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This is my second time applying to this school - on the first try I didn't get an interview.

Dal is the only school I've applied to. I was interviews on Munro Day, and received my letter on March 15, dated the 7th.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scooter

Hey everyone,

I just got a call from my dad this morning saying a little envelope with my name came for me.... Acceptance!!! I am sooooooooo happy and I can finally sleep through a night without worrying!!! So here are my stats:

I'm a NB resident graduated with Bsc Hon Psy with an international and comparative Politics Interdisciplinary study. My GPA was B+ overall but my last two were A- (Dean's list the last year) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (7):x

Verbal: (13)

Biological Sciences: (10)

Written Sample: (S)

(Up from 7,9,8R last time)

I was accepted by Dalhousie. This is my second time applying to this school.

I'm on the waitlist at Memorial, I tried not to think about it before which school would be my first choice, but since Dal loves me I think I love Dal!!:) Already sent in the deposit and getting my Dad to scan the letter and expressing it in;)

GOOD LUCK to everyone else. And seriously if this is your first time don't get too down. Go on a fabulous adventure and re-apply! (Me, I am making tons of money in Japan- it not only is a great pre-med adventure it makes u more interesting as a candidate - though it was the same last year so i don't know what i am talking about... don't be jet legged for the interview i guess that is my advice)

I'm buying Champagne tonight!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andrewboz

I'm a PEI resident in undergraduate studies at UPEI. My GPA was 3.83 (out of 4.0) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (11)

Verbal: (10)

Biological Sciences: (11)

Written Sample: ®

I was accepted by Dal. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, this is up there, but too soon to say if its my first choice.

Guest jpmac

I'm a PEI resident with an undergrad in nursing and have been working as an ER nurse for a few years. My GPA was 3.7 - 3.8 (forget exact) and my MCAT scores were (yuck):

Physical Sciences: (7)

Verbal: (11)

Biological Sciences: (9)

Written Sample: ®

I was accepted by Dalhousie (still can not believe this!!!!!)This is my first time applying.

Definitely my first and only choice! MUN was the only other school I applied to and I am on the waitlist there.

Guest doubledoc

I am an NB applicant (via Alberta) and received by acceptance letter April 10 (interviewed on Feb 11).

I believe my MCAT average was 9 (can't recall scores as wrote in 2003).

I have BSc, MSc, PhD with GPA of 3.8 or so in two highest years.

This is my second time applying (last applied in '03). Dal was my first and only choice.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest candace13

Im an OOP applicant, waitlisted #10. This is my first time applying. My GPA was 4.1/4.3 in Science in Kinesiology from UNB. MCAT 10-10-11R. Pretty good extracurriculars with 3 years hospital volunteer work and school and res involvement. Currently I'm doing nursing at UNB and hoping everyone who got in also gets in to their first choice. I 'm still waiting to hear back from MUN

Guest lovelyladylumps

I'm also OOP, waitlisted at #19. So, the letter says that on average, the non-Maritime waitlist moves to seats 9-11. This is somewhat discouraging (for me, anyway). I was under the impression that it usually got to the mid-twenties (with last year being a fluke, accepting waitlist seat #45). But I suppose the admissions office would know best. Oh waiting, I am so sick of waiting...

Guest MD Brace

well, I've been a silent observer of this forum until now, but it's only fair I give you all feedback as to where I stand. Just got my letter yesterday and I am number 16 on the waitlist. I'm an Ontario resident, undergrad GPA in biomedical science about 3.8, finishing my M.SC. in reproductive biology, MCAT: 11(v), 9(p), 12(B), P(w). 3 years ER volunteer experience, and lot's of other activities that I feel make me pretty well rounded...anyway, I guess it's wait time for the Ontario schools.......good luck to everyone!

Guest lovelyladylumps

Why is it so quiet around here? Where is everyone?!

MD Brace: Do you go to U of T? I am also finishing my MSc in reproductive biology...

Guest Rheticus

OOP applicant, rejected flat out after interview :(

MCAT was

BS: 14

VR: 13

PS: 12

GPA was.. I honestly don't know. Volunteer medical experience did not exist, which was the problem. Oh well, always next year I guess. Good luck to everyone else.

Guest lovelyladylumps

That reminds me...I forgot to post my stats.

MCAT: 9VR, 12BS, 12PS, Q

GPA (last 2 years of undergrad): 3.77/4.3

GPA (graduate): 4.15/4.3

My extracurriculars are kind of all over the place:

Teaching piano (6 years)

High school varsity and uni sports (many many years)

Volunteer at 2 children's hospitals (2 years)

Volunteer tutor with inner city kids (4 years)

3 summers of research (with 1 publication)

International presentation/scholarships/awards (M.Sc. graduate years)

And now, I must get back to thesis writing...

Guest geekpunk

I'm a Nova Scotia resident graduating in May with a B.Sc (Hon.) Neuroscience. My GPA was 4.09 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: P

Total: 33P

After initially being defered via email (in early May), I received a rejection letter today (June 19th) by Dalhousie. This is my first time applying to this school. I guess the Commitee was divided on my application and they weren't fully convinced.

But it's ok, as I've already accepted my spot at UofT and it was my first choice all along! Hope others who were initially deferred hear some better news :)

Guest MD Brace

lovelyladylumps, no I'm not at UofT, I am at Guelph studying under Dr. W. Allan King. I'm researching sex chromosome chimerism and the freemartin/intersex syndrome associated with it. Also investigating the role of chimerisms in autoimmune diseases in these animals. How about you?

Guest JewelLeigh

Another reminder to please keep this section for posting accepted/rejected information. Please start a new thread for other discussions :)

Guest MrNeuroscience

I received a letter of deferral today May 9th

I received a BSc (hon) in Neuroscience last year from Dal

My GPA is about 3.8 (I think) and my MCAts are a 28.

This is going to be a LONG summer!

Guest DancingDoc

I figure I might as well get around to this, I know I appreciate it when everyone else does.

I'm an NB resident graduating with a neuroscience honours undergraduate degree. My GPA was 4.1 out of 4.3 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (9)

Verbal: (9)

Biological Sciences: (12)

Written Sample: (Q)

My file was deferred by Dal. I know I'm just fnishing fourth year, but this is my second time applying (I applied out of 3rd year. Was rejected post-interview).

Lots of EC and volunteer (dancer, helpline volunteer, volunteered overseas.... and no not as a resume booster, childhood dream...music, art, etc).

I've been accepted to MUN. Still waiting to hear back from Toronto and McMaster. Dal was high on my list, but slowly I think I prefer MUN and Toronto. Not sure which I would choose if I were lucky enough to get all though.

Guest WindandsurfDr

Hello All,

As I have been tracking posts on here for sometime I guess I should be participating as well.

I have just been deferred by Dal.

I have a commerce degree with a 3.6/4.3 and then a couple of years of science with a 4.1/4.7.

My MCATS are 11 (PS), 12 (VR), 9 (BS), R - total 32R.

I don't have a lot of involvement with school activites but have a solid 6 years of front line work in programs supporting homeless/at-risk youth and now work at the IWK with adolescent drug treatment.

This is my 2nd year applying - I'm bummed to be deferred. I plan to go to one of the international schools if Dal says no thanks.

Cheers.

Guest DMacDNB

I just got my rejection letter today and it's pretty tough. I'm from NB and graduated with an Honours Chemistry BSc. I had a 3.94 / 4.3 and a 28N MCAT.

This is rough for me because I got on the waitlist at MUN and thought my Dal interview/application was much better.

I have done research in medicinal chemistry (radiopharmaceuticals) and have volunteered in the local hospital. Also, I've played rugby in university, spent winters freestyle skiing, competed in the Canada Games, and took part in some societies at university.

Good luck to all other applicants. I hope things go better for the rest of you.

Guest evyon

Devastating--I got my letter on Monday.

I'm a Nova Scotian resident with a chemistry/biology major with 3.9/4.0 GPA.

MCAT:

VR 11

B 9

P 8

Writing 0

(28O)

Maybe next year?! Good luck to everyone else who hasn't heard yet. Evyon