Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Housing

webshy

Hey ShoeBear...I'm also looking into the waterfront homes, but MAN, they are expensive. I would totally be interested in sharing a place with a fellow WLer.

Oh, and I'm 21 and also female. PM me and we can discuss things a bit more.

Check your inbox!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Congrats on getting in - should be a great year ahead (especially with our new building almost done).

I'm moving out of my 2 bedroom apartment this summer and it would be available as of July 1st for anyone here who might be interested. It's located at Princess and Clergy (basically above Indigo on Princess for those who know Kingston). It has hardwood floors, a great balcony overlooking Princess, lots of storage, air conditioning and large bedrooms. It's 2 blocks from Metro/bar area and 10 minutes to school.

Fire me a message if you're interested or want more info.

Cheers.

Hey guys,

Congrats on getting in - should be a great year ahead (especially with our new building almost done).

I'm moving out of my 2 bedroom apartment this summer and it would be available as of July 1st for anyone here who might be interested. It's located at Princess and Clergy (basically above Indigo on Princess for those who know Kingston). It has hardwood floors, a great balcony overlooking Princess, lots of storage, air conditioning and large bedrooms. It's 2 blocks from Metro/bar area and 10 minutes to school.

Fire me a message if you're interested or want more info.

Cheers.

Sent you a PM.

Hi everyone,

I'm in a female in the 2014 class and am thinking of getting a 2 bedroom apartment in Carruther's Wharf, which is arguably one of the best apartments in downtown Kingston. There are quite a few medical students living in the building and they've all told me wonderful things. The rooms are huge, the appliances, flooring and ceilings are all new and there are 2 bathrooms for a 2 bedroom unit. Here's the link for more info: http://www.homestead.ca/property/?id=178

I'm looking for a female roommate who is clean and fairly quiet. PM me if interested!

Edit 2: Aaaand I think someone likes me enough to room with me. ^__^ See you all in September!

Edit: Soooo, the lovely isix pointed out that this post isn't very anonymous. After I find a roomie, I'm going to severely edit this down to remove personal data (I just... if you know a little bit about what I'm like, aren't you more likely to message me if we're going to be harmonious roomies?) Anyway, if everyone could do me the favour of not quoting anything out of this, that would be lovely.

Hello new friends ;),

Today I was lucky enough to pick up a 2-bedroom apartment in the Lord Sydenham building at 32 Ontario St, managed by Homestead Properties. It is a lovely bright thing on the 7th floor. Balcony, one bathroom to share, big living room and kitchen, lots of sunlight! Cost is $660 with utilities in, plus $40 if you want to park. I signed for it and paid last month's deposit, so that part is solid. I am looking for a roommate of either gender/sex/persuasion of your choice.

• 1 month later...

I found out too that if I want to live on Ontario St I have to share. I'm looking for a female roommate so if you are interested girls, message me. I remted a large 2 bedroom condo on Ontario street right by the lake with a big balcony, huge living room and kitchen. You can rent it only for 8 or 9 months if you want. That won't be a problem. I've got tons of pics I can send whoever is interested in having a like-minded roommate who's more busy studying than doing anything else lol. Walk is under 10 min from schoo. If interested send an email to yana_nedi@hotmail.com

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a roommate, available immediately or starting in May. My current roommate decided to "take a year off" (or failed her courses) and therefore I am now looking for a roommate either for this year or for next school year.

It is a 2 bedroom apartment.

Available immediately. Or from May on a 12 month lease.

I am a second year law school student at Queen's and frankly, I am looking for a roommate who is in Medical school because I don't necessarily want to be surrounded by law people at home as well - it would be too stressful.

590$ per month does not include hydro or internet.

hydro per month: usually in the winter months you'd have to pay $70 per month

internet per month: 24$ you'd have to pay per month

1 Bedroom available immediately for rent

20 steps to the Lake and Yacht Parking

2 min walk to Ice Cream Shops, Restaurants, Cafes, Shopping

10 min walk to Med School, Hospital, Grocery Stores

10 min walk to Queen’s University

13 min walk to Queen's Law school

In the heart of downtown, but extremely quiet because it does not overlook main street.

Fully Furnished, Large Closets and Storage Room

Comes with all electric appliances, furniture, microwave,dishwasher

Already fully decorated

1 underground parking spot (optional)

2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom

Kitchen: dishwasher, microwave, fridge, stove

Large Balcony - VIEW TO LAKE

Large windows, lots of sunlight

Pristinely clean

Already steam-cleaned carpets

Have had NO pets

A little bit about me:

I am a 2nd year female law school student at Queen's.

Most days busy working or studying.

Very quiet, considerate, and extremely clean and tidy, personable and friendly. Mature attitude. I am almost never home because I commute very often to Toronto.

I am Looking For:

- FEMALE tenant

- No smoking

- No pets

Let me know if you need any more information or to view it :)

613 816 9143

11yn6@queensu.ca

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone!

I will be starting med school in the fall and I'm interested in renting a two-bedroom apartment (preferably along the water with all utilities and amenities included). I'm from Vancouver, female, 20 years old, and pet-friendly. PM me if interested in looking for a quiet and convenient place to live. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

We are looking for a third person, female or male, to fill our 3 bedroom apartment, available July 1st. It's the perfect location, right downtown at 172 Ontario Street, on the entire third floor of an old heritage building. The apartment has been gutted and is currently being completely rebuilt.

The apartment offers:

- incredible view of Lake Ontario from the living room and kitchen area

- charming original windows and stone walls

- hardwood floors

- dark wood kitchen cabinets

- granite countertops

- stainless steel appliances

- two brand new bathrooms (one with a soaker tub)

- laundry

- parking available

- close to the water, shops, restaurants, a couple of blocks away from the park

- 10-15 minute walk from our door to the middle of campus

- quiet and friendly atmosphere

The rent is $850 ALL INCLUSIVE (1-year lease starting July 1st), except for cable/internet which will be split three ways. The apartment would be shared with myself, a young professional, and another mature Queens student.

Let me know if you need more information or want to schedule a viewing.

srichte3@uwo.ca

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've been a Queen's student for the last 3 years and I recently got accepted into Ottawa so my roomate is looking for a person to sublet my room for the year.

The rent is $670 with all utilities included (not internet).

The apartment:

- is a corner apartment on the 6th floor at 64 Ontario St.

- is beside the lake, which is great for people who love to run + jog in the morning

-is quite big and spatious with a nicely sized washroom (compared to other apartments in kingston).

- has two balconies: one from the living room that looks out over kingston (can see Biosci and St. George's Cathedral) and one in the room that is available for sublet from which you can see the lake.

- is in a nice, quiet part of town

- has LOTS of windows so tons of natural lighting

- has laundry in the building

The building is popular with many medical students because its only a 5-7 minute walk from the Medical Building.

I loved the building in my 2 years living there. Its very well kept and the superintendent (Des) is very nice

As for my room, I found it quite spatious, with room for a double bed, desk, and an armchair. It has LOTS of windows and a balcony!

As for my roomate, he is a 4th year Engineering Physics student who is quiet, goes to bed early and is neat. I've been good friends with him since high school and he's the best roomate I've ever had. He's very polite and respectful and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Please feel free to email me at jim.why@gmail.com if you have any questions or are interested!

Congrats everyone on getting in!

If you'd like to speak to your future roomate, his name is Gord and his email is gwstephen@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

I have a one bedroom to share in a two bedroom apartment. Excellent location, ~10 minutes walking distance to Queen's University, Kingston General Hospital, Hotel Dieu Hospital, and downtown Kingston. The apartment is well maintained and clean, with a beautiful lake front view.

I am a very easy going and responsible person and ideally I prefer to live with another guy who is respectful, responsible and clean.

If you're interested or have any questions, please email me at angler88@gmail.com.

Thank you for the attention!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Meds House has only two rooms left available for rent. For those of you looking for a great place to live, you won't find anything like it. Meds house is a great way to get to know students in different years of medicine. It's also a 4 minute walk from your lectures, and comes with an experience and rental price that can't be beat. Email me at acampbell@qmed.ca for more information!

-Tony Campbell, Meds 2014

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived