Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred (Current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

• 4 weeks later...

OOP (Canadian)

Waitlisted

83% GPA, 518 MCAT

ECs: Long-term, diverse, a ton of employment experience

Interview: My first ever, so I was pretty stressed, although I felt that the MMI went pretty well and I enjoyed the panel. Got to mention a lot of my experiences in both.

Anyone know how much the waitlist generally moves for Canadian Applicants? 

OOP (Ontario)

Waitlisted

Timestamp: 9:57am EST

87% GPA, 516 MCAT

ECs: Long-term, diverse, lots of employment/awards in the social housing sector.

Interview: Had COVID during the interview, couldn't stop coughing. Held it together for the MMI, but just physically unwell for the longer panel portion.

Will be declining my waitlist position as I was accepted to UofA. @PopShoppeI think there will be a ton of movement this year, good luck ;) 

25 minutes ago, med dad said:

Hi guys, waitlisted OOP candidate here. I only interviewed at MUN; so hoping for some good news. I know waitlisted candidates had a week to decline; is that the same for accepted candidates? @committed-premed @Ss123toy. Does anybody know of any OOP waitlist movement yet?

Yeah we have a week to decide! I'll be declining my offer Friday.

• 11 months later...

OOP (Ontario)

Waitlisted

Timestamp: April 20th 2:10pm EST

81% GPA, 507 MCAT

ECs: Lots of research/publications, currently working in a mental health clinic

Interview: I didn't feel like it went great since we didn't actually talk to anyone.. but I typically do well with interviews so hopefully that came through.

I'm hoping that this will get some people postingon this thread! I know lots of other people were waitlisted.. anyone rejected or accepted? Also, if anyone was accepted, did you also have a week to respond?

OOP (Ontario)

Waitlisted

Timestamp: April 20th at 1:57 pm (PDF created at 8:21 -not sure if this matters)

88% GPA, 509 MCAT

EC: lots of volunteer positions, clubs, research, 

Interview: Thought it went well but I really couldn't tell because I was talking to a screen the whole time lol. Confident in my answers however! 

Hoping more people will post here. A little disheartened that the entire OOP pool heard back so early before Ontario schools sent anything out. Hoping this doesn't prevent people from accepting offers from other schools when those come out. 

OOP (Ontario) 

Waitlisted: Time stamp 1:54 pm (PDF at 8:21 - also not sure if this matters) 

93% MUN GPA, 517 MCAT 

ECs: Lots of classic volunteering, part-time jobs throughout HS/uni, clubs, quite a bit of research (no pubs). Nothing crazy though imo

Interview: Honestly, thought it went well. A couple questions I definitely could’ve expanded my answer, but I felt like I could talk about a lot of personal experiences. Overall felt like one of my best interviews. 

Hoping to see lots of WL movement!! Wish we knew how many people were on the WL 

• 11 months later...