Premed 101 Forums

How hard is it to get into University of Saskatoon?

MedPen

• 1 month later...

I don't have much information about the university. But as far as my knowledge says, getting admission to the university of Saskatoon is not very difficult. You only need to have an average score in the MCAT exams. But then you need to specify which course you want to take. There are few courses which has comparatively higher competition than that of others.

• 1 year later...
I don't have much information about the university. But as far as my knowledge says, getting admission to the university of Saskatoon is not very difficult. You only need to have an average score in the MCAT exams. But then you need to specify which course you want to take. There are few courses which has comparatively higher competition than that of others.

Firstly, to get into USask for vet school you don't have to write the MCAT.

Secondly, it will depend on where your friend is a resident. The 2013 GPA cut-off for interviews for Alberta students was 84%, but WCVM spots are only competitive between students from the same province. I.e. applicants from Alberta only competing against other applicants from AB; they aren't compared to applicants from BC, MB, or SK. The number of spots per region is listed in the applicant manual. Last year there were 160 AB applicants for the 20 available spots.

Archived