Premed 101 Forums

UCVM 2013 Admission

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has heard on their admission status for the 2013 class for UCVM.

I thought we could post here as we hear to keep each other up to date.

Because frankly, I am ****ting my pants!:confused:

Haha thanks!!

L

Hello!

I am waiting for a response for 2013 September start as well. I will post here as soon as I hear anything (I am also really anxious). I've read before that they call their accepted applicants in the first week of June and then email wait listed/rejected applicants by the end of the second week (not sure if this is totally accurate).

Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks for replying Rose! I didnt think I would get anything!

Yes admissions told me the same thing - first two weeks of June, and the timeline you stated is roughly what I think happens as well.

However the admissions lady said that they dont ALWAYS call - I think it depends on the deans schedule.

However last year I feel like they called on the weekend? I cant remember exactly but I feel like it was a Saturday/Sunday for some reason.

Either way emails/letters will be out within first two weeks of June.

Hopefully for both of us its the first week and its a call from Cribb himself! haha

Goodluck!

Thanks for the extra info! I only know one person in the program, and he just graduated, so I didn't really know anything about what went on in the last couple years. Did you apply last year, or just know people that did?

I definitely wouldn't have expected a call on the weekend; I guess I'll have to stick by my phone anxiously for another week!

Yes I am almost positive the call will come this weekend if we get in.

I applied last year as well - had an interview just didnt get in :(

WCVM just sent out acceptance emails today it looks like, I've heard from one other girl who got in there!

I didnt apply there bc I was missing 4 pre reqs - did you?

I applied at WCVM as well this year, but didn't get an interview. They look at your whole degree to calculate who gets an interview and only my last 2 years are top notch grades :(

How did you feel during your interviews? I had never done MMIs before, but I practiced a lot. I felt so nervous and I can't even remember what I said now, it all happened so fast! I felt like I repeated myself sometimes, but it was so hard to give a perfectly succinct 6 minute or more long answer!

Also, did you apply anywhere else? I applied to Edinburgh and Dublin and got in to both. I chose Dublin over Edinburgh for my backup because Dublin offered me 4 years, whereas Edinburgh offered me a 5 year program. It's nice to know I have a backup, but it's SOO expensive (like $45,000 per year or something!). Plus, I really love Calgary.

Where are you from originally? I live in Vancouver and went to UBC for my undergrad.

I did not apply to any other schools.

I talked to some current vets and they just recommended the debt is just not worth it. Its so hard to pay all your bills (mortgage etc) and your student loans in the first couple years of working with the salary we get.

Have you heard from UCVM?! I thought it would be this weekend but I dont think anyone has heard yet????

I am assuming today/tomorrow maybe?

I am born and raised in Calgary and did my undergrad at U of C :)

They never reveal which spot you are on the waitlist because people in the past people have paid other people to basically reject so they get in, haha its crazy but I understand why they dont tell.

Do you have a parent that works at PennWest by any chance? My dad just told me that a girl he works with has a daughter considering going to Scotland - thought it might be you.

Congrats on being waitlisted, I know a few ppl who got in on waitlist so you never know!

That makes sense about not telling you which spot you are on the wait list. I emailed to ask and their response was that I was actually at the top of the wait list and they sent me an offer in the same email. Hooray! I'll be studying at Calgary next year.

No, I don't have a parent that works there. My dad was an AirCanada pilot and my mom is an air traffic controller.

Best of luck to you!!

• 2 months later...

Archived