Premed 101 Forums

OAT vs MCAT study material

MackKing

Hey guys,

I'm looking to write the MCAT and the OAT this year and I was wondering if I follow the MCAT study plan from Kaplan would that be enough to prepare me to write the OAT as well? I am not certain about format, but for content it looks pretty similar.

let me know your thoughts and advice. has anyone else attempted studying for both at the same time?

not both at the same time...but I heard OAT is easier than MCAT.

So I just used my MCAT note and downloaded sample OAT.

My math, physics, chem were meh, but practicing MCAT verbal....I got perfect in OAT verbal :D!

thanks for the advice :)

• 7 months later...
not both at the same time...but I heard OAT is easier than MCAT.

So I just used my MCAT note and downloaded sample OAT.

My math, physics, chem were meh, but practicing MCAT verbal....I got perfect in OAT verbal :D!

Did you ever take the real OAT though? How was it, assuming you used MCAT material and practice OAT tests? And can someone tell me where I can find practice OAT's?

• 7 months later...

I purchased OAT materials after already having written the MCAT (used Kaplan OAT, princeton MCAT) it ended up being almost all the same. I actually found it helped to combine the two prep courses because they filled in the gaps that each had individually. I also used Orgoman study material. I found the test easier than the mcat because it was more straight forward, more application and less interpretation. Chem, bio, physics, orgo, you could study all of these with MCAT materials but keep in mind the style of test taking being taught in mcat books doesn't apply

Archived