Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was rejected, but I just had a question for you guys.

I am in 4th year currently, and my lowest GPA was in 1st year (3.65). Does anyone know if this would have been used in the GPA calculation? It mentions on the site that the lowest mark will be dropped if I will have completed 4 years of uni by May 31st of entry and that my lowest year is not my current year.

If my lowest GPA is dropped, my GPA (combination of 2nd and 3rd year) will have been 3.91, which is above the average of 3.88 accepted for interviews. My AA was 21 and PAT was 21.

I am just confused as to how I was rejected? any help would be appreciated

I am in 4th year currently, and my lowest GPA was in 1st year (3.65). Does anyone know if this would have been used in the GPA calculation? It mentions on the site that the lowest mark will be dropped if I will have completed 4 years of uni by May 31st of entry and that my lowest year is not my current year.

If my lowest GPA is dropped, my GPA (combination of 2nd and 3rd year) will have been 3.91, which is above the average of 3.88 accepted for interviews. My AA was 21 and PAT was 21.

Probably because it's a bimodal distribution. Individuals with graduate degrees will be getting interviews with lower GPAs than those with undergraduate degrees (or still in undergrad) and will lower the average. Also will depend on DAT scoring as well.

Your current year won't be counted since it's in progress, therefore your first year is going to be counted in your average. If you apply again next year then it will get dropped.

Your current year won't be counted since it's in progress, therefore your first year is going to be counted in your average. If you apply again next year then it will get dropped.

Nope, he was right, his 2nd and 3rd years are calculated.

I think he has miscalculated his GPA, or the admissions have made a mistake. Good luck!

Archived