Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

I received an email telling me that I was placed on the waiting list for the MMI and that they've added an extra day of interviews on May 2nd. I'm actually quite happy as I was expecting an outright rejection. I'll take a "maybe" over a "no" any day!

when did you receive this email?

I received an email telling me that I was placed on the waiting list for the MMI and that they've added an extra day of interviews on May 2nd. I'm actually quite happy as I was expecting an outright rejection. I'll take a "maybe" over a "no" any day!

I am in the same boat, I hope I get called!

Anyone heard from UofT PT for CAP invitation? I know April 1 is coming up real soon but I am not sure whether we'll all hear at once on that day or it's the last day by which they let us know the results. Anxious!!!

I have not. I'm anxiously awaiting to hear from both U of T and Mac (PT for both). I also applied to Queen's PT, but since there is no interview there, I'm trying not to think about it too much.

For the people who have recieved their invites, where are you guys from? I haven't recieved any notice for the MMI or CAP yet, so obviously I'm getting really nervous (im referring only to McMaster and UfT)

Congrats to all that have recieved notice!

For the people who have recieved their invites, where are you guys from? I haven't recieved any notice for the MMI or CAP yet, so obviously I'm getting really nervous (im referring only to McMaster and UfT)

Last year Mac's MMI interview invitations were sent out on the first Friday in April late in the afternoon.

I'm from BC, but I've only heard from UofA. Don't worry, I'm still in the dark about all Ontario schools too!

Applied: UofA, Western, Queen's, McMaster, UofT (all PT)

Accepted:

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

Sub-GPA: 3.87

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Felt good about my Queen's personal submissions. Reference letter from a Kin motor control prof of 3 years and a physiotherapist who owns his own clinic!

Order of preference: UofT, Western, Queen's, Mac, UofA

Goodluck to everyone :)

Pendulum29 and ScOT and anyone else who can answer my question, do you guys know anything else about the CAP besides what is written on the UofT website? I know they said you can't study for it but is there no way one can prepare either?

There is very little extra information in the email regarding the composition of the test.. luckily I know someone whose son graduated from UofT PT so I'll try to get as much info as he remembers.

On the FAQ section of the website they write this:

"Yes, do more research about physical therapy (PT) so you can demonstrate a clearer understanding of what PT is about and why you are suited for the profession over another health profession. You should investigate PT thoroughly and be sure you know about its many different roles and breadth of the profession. Visit a variety of facilities to observe different practice settings and client populations, and observe how PT varies from setting to setting. You can find a plethora of PT sites online, including the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, the Ontario Physiotherapy Association and the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators. Your university career centre may also have information. Be sure that the information you gather is up-to-date."

Pendulum29 and ScOT and anyone else who can answer my question, do you guys know anything else about the CAP besides what is written on the UofT website? I know they said you can't study for it but is there no way one can prepare either?

Also received CAP invite! It looks like the cut-offs are slightly lower this year. And in the past, Mac has been a little bit lower for MMI invites, so (hopefully) those who received a CAP should also receive an interview for MAC (fingers crossed).

According to the UofT website, the cut-off to get a CAP invite this year was 3.76; last year it was 3.75.

Hey parachute,

I worked with a PT who went to uft, and she told me that we should just know the profession of a PT; if you could shadow a PT in the field, it would be helpful since there is a difference between reading about it and seeing it in action. She also said you should know the different fields of PT why you want to pursue the profession.

Hope that helped!

I never got an e-mail but my Sub GPA is 3.76. I have tried contacting them via phone (got the voicemail) and I have e-mail them...hopefully they reply with good news **crossing fingers*

I received an invitation with a 3.76 GPA, check your junk mail filters, that's where mine ended up.