Premed 101 Forums

Any glitches/feedback comments/improvements for the new forums?

Hi all,

We've successfully migrated off of the old vBulletin software, and onto Invision Power Board.  Hopefully, all the user accounts have successfully been transferred over.  This software is much more modern, and has better capabilities to deal with spam.  It should also have dealt with the user registration problem.  There are some new features here, including the ability to set up a blog, and a more robust chat room.

If you have any comments or notice any glitches, please post them here in this thread, and we'll see what can be done to address them.

Thanks!

Ian

Hi all,

We've successfully migrated off of the old vBulletin software, and onto Invision Power Board.  Hopefully, all the user accounts have successfully been transferred over.  This software is much more modern, and has better capabilities to deal with spam.  It should also have dealt with the user registration problem.  There are some new features here, including the ability to set up a blog, and a more robust chat room.

If you have any comments or notice any glitches, please post them here in this thread, and we'll see what can be done to address them.

Thanks!

Ian

Not everything got transferred over. For example I had 2 PMs before the update which I wasn't able to check and now I can't even access them.

Also it seams a lot of posts and threads in the last 2 days didn't transfer over.

And does this mean the old furoms are permanently gone? 

I love it! But yeah a few things are missing. Particularly the entertaining/heated debate with uwopremed about ECs. :P

Thanks Ian and the other admins for being awesome! :D

Kind of sad that was lost....so entertaining :P

On a side note. I really like the forum, it looks much much better :) Thanks for continuing to put time and effort into this!