Premed 101 Forums

Casper Prep

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel free to disagree with me but I actually like Casper. I feel like it's a test that helps "filter" people for medical school. There really isn't a sure way to study for it and it can draw on a wide variety of topics but I feel like more "well rounded" people with life experience, knowledge of ethics and those who have a genuine interest in medicine for the "right" reasons (e.g. not prestige or money) do better on it. Of course this is totally subjective and I could be wrong but interested to hear what others here thing. 

On 9/19/2017 at 9:15 PM, masterandmargarita said:

Feel free to disagree with me but I actually like Casper. I feel like it's a test that helps "filter" people for medical school. There really isn't a sure way to study for it and it can draw on a wide variety of topics but I feel like more "well rounded" people with life experience, knowledge of ethics and those who have a genuine interest in medicine for the "right" reasons (e.g. not prestige or money) do better on it. Of course this is totally subjective and I could be wrong but interested to hear what others here thing. 

Maybe, but what if it is filters people who get less stressed when they have 5 minutes to type 3 answers? I am always a little suspicious of these for profit assessments but maybe I am just a little to cynical. LOL

On 9/21/2017 at 10:34 AM, Pippa756 said:

Thanks for the link - very helpful!

Those Bemo questions are free but beware for premeds that those practice scenarios as well as the sample answers provided are not representative of the actual CASPer exam including how much you're expected to write.  The "sample" answers are ridiculously long.  How would anyone even have enough time to type that within 5 mins?  Physically impossible.  I guess whoever came up with that response didn't factor in the time limit.   

• 6 months later...

Archived