Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Interview Invites/regrets 2015

bellejolie1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FB07: Won't they just take somebody from the post-interview waitlist instead ?

I think so too, from their website:

Waiting list for interviews

A small number of applicants will be retained on a waiting list for interviews, should an interview slot become available (if an invited applicant declines). If no interview slot becomes available, these applicants will receive an official notice of refusal shortly after the interview dates for their applicant cohort.

so up until the interviews is how long the wait list will remain open, after that, students on the waitlist will be refused. :(

Time Stamp: 3:30 (Minerva)

Result: Invite!!

wGPA: 3.96 (undergrad) 

MCAT: Submitted (2013 - 35 ; 12/10/13 ; 2014 - 36 ; 12/10/14)

EC's: I would be happy to provide an extensive MS Word List of my EC's with Descriptions I prepared for OMSAS. Just PM me! 

In short: multiple years as Refugee Committee Executive and Co-President, multiple executive/leadership positions (Chem Club, Science Student Association, Youth Science Canada, Relay for Life, Make a Wish), science outreach (Let's Talk Science; Volunteer of month), hospital volunteering (magic show presentations), soup kitchen, multiple research avenues (Canada Census, Roadside Survey, uOttawa NSERC, CGS-M, DAAD RISE, Canada Wide Science Fair Best in Fair), Princeton MCAT instructor, 1 publication (2 in preparation), column writer for local paper, varsity athlete and intramural captain (ultimate frisbee), aboriginal student mentor, cognitive therapy provider (mentally sensitive clients), news highlights and video for science outreach (CBC Ottawa, etc), campus counselor, carpentry/plumbing projects for charity, multiple academic/volunteering/extracurricular awards and so forth! 

OOP (M. Sc.)

New to the forum but happy to post my stats to help others currently and in the future. I know that detailed posts really help out and I would like to take a page from some of the wonderful contributors on the forum and help out this effort. Best of luck to all / bonne chance à tous! 

TIME STAMP: checked Minerva at 11:30 AM
Result: Invite!!!
dGPA: 3.96*
MCAT: Not submitted
ECs: 5 years working in community-based mental health counseling, 1 year international human rights work, 1 year community development work, miscellaneous volunteering between 2005-2008
Year: U3 B.Sc.

IP/OOP/International: IP

* This is a second degree for me. Graduated with my first degree in 2007 with a 2.92 GPA. There is hope!

TIME STAMP: checked Minerva at 11:30 AM

Result: Invite

GPA: 3.98 at time of app

ECs: I think they are average

Year: U3 B.Sc. at McGill 

IP/OOP/International: IP

Are you guys seeing an actual "invite" status or does it say something else? I got "further review required" but for some reason I still see an interview date and time and options to upload a bunch of new documents. I'm not sure what to make of it. 

Are you guys seeing an actual "invite" status or does it say something else? I got "further review required" but for some reason I still see an interview date and time and options to upload a bunch of new documents. I'm not sure what to make of it. 

Further review required means you got an interview! I also just received an e-mail with my official interview invite but much after my minerva status changed 

TIME STAMP: 12:00pm (noon)

Result: Invite 
wGPA: 3.66
ECs: Executive positions in student clubs, volunteered abroad approx 6 months, 1 year refugee mentor, 2+ years hospital volunteer work, 2 years community organization involvement, 3+ years research, 8 publications
Year: Masters

IP

Letter of EC: No

Hi,

I have a question: what is the cut-off of interview selection for OOPs?

Thanks.

Hope this help

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/after-youve-applied/admission-statistics-2015

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/selection-process

(Look for the selection process pre-interview, The assessment of supplemental documents is carried out for approximately 4 to 6 times the number of candidates we intend to interview. For example, if we intend to interview 50 people in a particular applicant category, the supporting documents of the top 200-300 files in that cohort are evaluated. So essentially it depends on the pool, but i hope the statistics gives you some idea)

Thanks for the info. So I should be in CDN category if from west coast, correct? 

Hope this help

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/after-youve-applied/admission-statistics-2015

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/selection-process

(Look for the selection process pre-interview, The assessment of supplemental documents is carried out for approximately 4 to 6 times the number of candidates we intend to interview. For example, if we intend to interview 50 people in a particular applicant category, the supporting documents of the top 200-300 files in that cohort are evaluated. So essentially it depends on the pool, but i hope the statistics gives you some idea)

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on all who've received invites! (And fingers crossed for the wait-listed folks.)

Be sure to sign up for the awesome activities held during the MMI weekend to get to know more about the students, the program, and Montreal! I might drop by the Dinner or Meet and Greet events if time permits. Cheers.

Sceptical

• 4 weeks later...

Archived