Premed 101 Forums

Calgary Interview Discussion 2015

For those that had interviews last year ---  Do they post your pre-MMI score/percentile along with the interview invites?  Whether I get an invite or not, will I also know right away how my application ranked against the others?   Or is this something they release later on?

No they don't release it right when they send out the interview invites, they release it at the end of the cycle (august-september) and you can check yours out by going on the ucan website

Interesting. Follow up question:

Do they just post a single aggregate score, or do they also tell you how you did in each assessment category (R1-R7)? 

ie) Will I know if I need to improve my 'Community Involvement & Advocacy on Behalf of Others' or 'Evidence of High Ethical Standards & Professionalism', etc... ?

Interesting. Follow up question:

Do they just post a single aggregate score, or do they also tell you how you did in each assessment category (R1-R7)? 

ie) Will I know if I need to improve my 'Community Involvement & Advocacy on Behalf of Others' or 'Evidence of High Ethical Standards & Professionalism', etc... ?

Last year we received a breakdown of each category so you could see where your strength and weaknesses are.

Yeah, I know right! Every other school that does MMIs gives out more notice than Calgary.

Their twitter account says either Monday or Tuesday, so not today. I know that doesn't narrow it down much! I just wish there was more time between invites and the interview dates!

Yeah, I know right! Every other school that does MMIs gives out more notice than Calgary.

UofA is going to give about 2.5 weeks of notice! 

Also, everyone, just chill out. It's not the end of the world. Just practice some MMI, enjoy your lives, and relax. Be grateful that you're in a position that you are even competitive enough to receive a med school interview. Consider how many students in your university can say that.