Premed 101 Forums

Q&a With Mcgill Med Ambassadors

Was this for McGill? 

I find it weird. I know for most med interviews you're normally expected to wear a suit and tie (for men) but the McGill website says that a suit is optional and a tie is not necessary. However, I also don't want to feel under-dressed. 

Refer to earlier about suggestions on what to wear.

I think that Arztin's comment does apply for McGill. Again, suits and ties are fine, you won't feel out of place, but it is also okay to wear nice dress pants and shirts.  

I cried when I saw the cat cafe...I cried even more when I learned it's closed on Monday (my return bus is at 9pm on Monday)...what a cruel world...why can't Toronto have one...

Hahaha trust me, Montréal has many other wonders for you to discover. One advantage of having the campus downtown is its proximity to fun and interesting places! I hope that your interviews went well; best of luck!

Good luck to all the interviewees this week! Keep calm and believe in yourself.

Yes indeed, for those who passed their interviews today, hopefully you enjoyed them! As for the ones interviewing in the coming days, best of luck! Give it your best shot, and try to have fun! We'll see you there ;)

From the admissions page:

"Stations are designed to evaluate the various abilities and skills that form the basis of the Physicianship curriculum component."

(Not super informative)

The MMIs are used to assess non-academic qualities as listed here. Keep in mind that Admissions does not divulge their evaluation scheme, so we don't really know what the evaluators are "looking for".

Sceptical

Hi guys,

can you tell me what are the evaluators looking for? I mean in each scenario, what are we being evaluated on? 

Thank you!

Sceptical couldn't have said it better. We as student ambassadors are unable to tell you what each scenario is "looking for" specifically, but from my experience, I have to agree that each station is designed in a way to evaluate certain qualities that one would hope to find in a physician (refer to link from Sceptical's post for more information). Hoping that you enjoyed your time with us, and best of luck!

On http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/after-youve-applied/admissions-decisions, I see this :

"

Refuse

Applicants who are interviewed will receive final decisions or waitlist offers within about 2 weeks of the relevant interview dates. "

Does it mean the refused and waitlisted will have their answer in a week or so?!

Honestly, from experience, it usually all happens at the same time. I've never heard about people getting refused before the official offers were sent out. 

hate to be a party pooper but they never actually said it would be ON march 16th...they just said it'd be the week of march 16th but that they would try as much as possible to give decisions early on in the week

You're correct. The Faculty said that they are hoping to release the decisions on the week of March 16th. I can assure you that they are really working as hard as they can to get the decisions out as soon as possible, but the reality is that the process of reviewing candidates' performance at the MMIs is a lengthy and challenging one, and the Faculty wants to make sure that every candidate is equally considered. Hang in there though - the week of March 16th already is less than a month away!