Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance Letter/package

Just a quick question for those individuals who have received acceptances in years past;

What does the body of the email contain? I imagine it starts off along the lines of with "Congratulations, you have been accepted...". I was just curious what the rest of the email talks about (I've been waitlisted in the past, so I'm hoping to receive a different email this time around and I was just trying to mentally prepare for a possible acceptance)

Also, I understand that successful applicants receive an email attachment. Does this simply repeat the contents of the original email or does it include additional information?

Thanks

Subject: Good news from the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

Date: Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Dear jmatt1122,

I'm very pleased to let you know that you are receiving an offer of admission from the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry.

The letter of offer, including any conditions, is attached to this email. The letter makes reference to a website with documents you are required to complete prior to enrolment in Schulich Medicine. We will continue to post to this website throughout the summer. Documents submitted to Admissions will be tracked and forwarded to the Learner Equity & Wellness office for inclusion in your student file once the academic year commences.

Later this summer you will receive an online survey in which we hope to obtain feedback from you about the reasons that you either accept or decline the offer of admission to Schulich Medicine. We invite you to participate in this survey as this information will assist to enhance and promote our admissions services in the future.

If there is information that we can provide you that will assist you in making your decision, please contact us by email (admissions.medicine@schulich.uwo.ca)

Congratulations on your offer of admission to Schulich Medicine!

Kathy Sadler, Manager
Office of Admissions
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

Hey jmatt,

Thanks for sharing your email. I noticed the email didn't seem to mention which campus you got accepted to. Is that included in the letter attached to the email or is it a separate email that came shortly after?

Attached offer of admission letter. Last year they had a glitch that caused the attachment to not sent with the initial letter... but I think I got it later that day or early the next morning. At the time, all I really cared about was that I got an offer. :P

It looks like the acceptances are starting to come out! Slightly off topic, but probably best to put here - a question that often comes up is what "Unspecified Campus" means.

In past years, London has been more highly requested than Windsor by accepted applicants. Rather than simply put students in Windsor who would prefer London, Schulich says "Unspecified" and as accepted applicants decline their offer, spots open up in London which go to individuals who previous had "Unspecified Campus". In the past, as far as I'm aware, enough people have declined their offers to Schulich that everyone who initially got "Unspecified Campus" ended up in London.

Basically, "Unspecified Campus" means London, but Schulich won't make any promises in case there are very few people who decline the offer of acceptance.

It looks like the acceptances are starting to come out! Slightly off topic, but probably best to put here - a question that often comes up is what "Unspecified Campus" means.

In past years, London has been more highly requested than Windsor by accepted applicants. Rather than simply put students in Windsor who would prefer London, Schulich says "Unspecified" and as accepted applicants decline their offer, spots open up in London which go to individuals who previous had "Unspecified Campus". In the past, as far as I'm aware, enough people have declined their offers to Schulich that everyone who initially got "Unspecified Campus" ended up in London.

Basically, "Unspecified Campus" means London, but Schulich won't make any promises in case there are very few people who decline the offer of acceptance.

Thanks ralk, I was definitely wondering about this. Do you know if it's possible we'd hear back before May 26?

Thanks ralk, I was definitely wondering about this. Do you know if it's possible we'd hear back before May 26?

It think rarely that is the case :)  Considering the waitlist movement is usually more than the enrolment at Windsor and proportionally fewer people want Windsor most usually people with an unspecified INITIAL offer do get London if they want in the end. It just flows from the math.

What rmorelan said :P The final campus decision took quite a bit of time from what I remember, 99% sure it was well after the deadline to accept the offer.

What rmorelan said :P The final campus decision took quite a bit of time from what I remember, 99% sure it was well after the deadline to accept the offer.

Thanks guys! Probably accepting regardless. London is my home, but in any other case, it wouldn't make a big difference to me which campus :)

Anyone have any ideas of whether people on waitlist would get their preferred campus? E.g. if they're initially offered 2nd choice in June, but later on a spot becomes available in their 1st choice in July, will they get switched to their 1st choice (and the next person coming off the waitlist has to go to the other campus)?

Hope that wording isn't too confusing.

Thanks guys! Probably accepting regardless. London is my home, but in any other case, it wouldn't make a big difference to me which campus :)

Windsor is a pretty great campus and their building is awesome - all the Schulich promotional material comes from there because it's nicer to look at!

(It may be because their students are nicer to look at too, but I keep telling myself it's the building :P )

Anyone have any ideas of whether people on waitlist would get their preferred campus? E.g. if they're initially offered 2nd choice in June, but later on a spot becomes available in their 1st choice in July, will they get switched to their 1st choice (and the next person coming off the waitlist has to go to the other campus)?

Hope that wording isn't too confusing.

I don't believe there is any switching between offers for campuses. Either you're given a specific campus and you can accept it, or you're offered "unspecified" and you'll have to wait to find out which one you get. You wouldn't be given an offer to Windsor and then an offer to London.

I honestly forget if they give "Unspecified Campus" offers to those off the waitlist or if they go right for a campus - sorry I can't be more helpful on that front.

Windsor is a pretty great campus and their building is awesome - all the Schulich promotional material comes from there because it's nicer to look at!

(It may be because their students are nicer to look at too, but I keep telling myself it's the building :P )

second that - Windsor really is a pretty awesome place. Some pretty serious advantages to being there.

I don't believe there is any switching between offers for campuses. Either you're given a specific campus and you can accept it, or you're offered "unspecified" and you'll have to wait to find out which one you get. You wouldn't be given an offer to Windsor and then an offer to London.

I honestly forget if they give "Unspecified Campus" offers to those off the waitlist or if they go right for a campus - sorry I can't be more helpful on that front.

No problem and thanks for the clarification!

Thanks everyone for replying to the topic. After several years of being on the waitlist, I was finally accepted to Schulich and I couldn't be happier. Just a quick followup question for those who received a offer of admission letter. Does anyone feel their letter is a little "light" on information? I feel like I'm missing a page or two. How many pages were all your letters? I just want to make sure that there hasn't been a technical error with my application.

In all likelihood, I'm just being paranoid and hoping nothing has gone wrong at this point. It's been a long time coming for me :)

by that point they know where the spots are and can be more direct.

Thanks everyone for replying to the topic. After several years of being on the waitlist, I was finally accepted to Schulich and I couldn't be happier. Just a quick followup question for those who received a offer of admission letter. Does anyone feel their letter is a little "light" on information? I feel like I'm missing a page or two. How many pages were all your letters? I just want to make sure that there hasn't been a technical error with my application.

In all likelihood, I'm just being paranoid and hoping nothing has gone wrong at this point. It's been a long time coming for me :)

Mine had these headings :Program Note, Procedures you must follow upon receiving this offer, Financial Plan

Have you checked out the 'post admission' page linked in the email? There's tons of forms there  :P

Also just wanted to say: I LOVE that they put "good news!" in the email head. Made my day for the interview invite, and once again made my day for the acceptance. Can't wait to be a part of a great community at Western!

Did anyone's email contain information about whether or not they received the Schulich scholarship? Or has that not been sent out yet?

Scholarship info didn't come until much later last year (well after classes had already begun, I got regrets on my Schulich Scholarship application 11/24/2014, granted I did get another lesser funding offer). Maybe they'll handle it differently this year, though.

• 1 year later...

Subject: Good news from the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

Date: Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Dear jmatt1122,

I'm very pleased to let you know that you are receiving an offer of admission from the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry.

The letter of offer, including any conditions, is attached to this email. The letter makes reference to a website with documents you are required to complete prior to enrolment in Schulich Medicine. We will continue to post to this website throughout the summer. Documents submitted to Admissions will be tracked and forwarded to the Learner Equity & Wellness office for inclusion in your student file once the academic year commences.

Later this summer you will receive an online survey in which we hope to obtain feedback from you about the reasons that you either accept or decline the offer of admission to Schulich Medicine. We invite you to participate in this survey as this information will assist to enhance and promote our admissions services in the future.

If there is information that we can provide you that will assist you in making your decision, please contact us by email (admissions.medicine@schulich.uwo.ca)

Congratulations on your offer of admission to Schulich Medicine!

Kathy Sadler, Manager
Office of Admissions
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

I wouldn't have even read the whole letter, I'd just stop at "admiss-", get up, get a cup of tea, go to a nice park, then read the rest of the letter wen im most relaxed. what a rewarding piece of paper, that tree would have died for an excellent occasion (lmao)

Archived