Premed 101 Forums

French Stream Waitlist

I noticed there isn't much out there about the french waitlist for this year so I thought I'd start a thread. Maybe we can start to get a better idea of how many people are on the "good" waitlist and as the list starts moving, begin to get a better idea of the type of GPA you might need to get off that waitlist. I'll start:

GPA - 3.75

good waitlist 

ps. is there a bad waitlist for the french stream? 

How do you know if you're on the good or bad waitlist? What did it state on the email?
I'm a CNFS candidate (out of province) so maybe its different but there was no indication of a good/bad waitlist on the email I received. :(

How do you know if you're on the good or bad waitlist? What did it state on the email?

I'm a CNFS candidate (out of province) so maybe its different but there was no indication of a good/bad waitlist on the email I received. :(

The e-mail won't explicitly say whether you're on the good or bad WL, but it is implied whether you have a good shot or not.

Bad WL is something like: "I must inform you, that, given your rank in this list, you are unlikely to receive an offer".

Good WL would be like: "If a spot opens up, you will be contacted..." 

Hi everyone! I just refused my offer to the French Stream (specifically for CNFS) so someone should be getting a call soon. Congrats to everyone who got in and best of luck to those of you on the waitlist!

Thanks for letting us know! good luck next year!

Does anyone know if CNFS has its own waitlist...because there is a set 8 spots for CNFS, so I am assuming they would want to fill those 8 spots with ppl from CNFS (and not just anyone from the french stream waitlist)

Does anyone know if CNFS has its own waitlist...because there is a set 8 spots for CNFS, so I am assuming they would want to fill those 8 spots with ppl from CNFS (and not just anyone from the french stream waitlist)

They're separate  

Actually, if I remember correctly, I asked the admission officer about that on my interview day and she said that after the first round of admission, all students are put on one waiting list. So there is only one waitlist and not a separate on for CNFS.

Actually, if I remember correctly, I asked the admission officer about that on my interview day and she said that after the first round of admission, all students are put on one waiting list. So there is only one waitlist and not a separate on for CNFS.

Thanks so much for sharing that info! :)

Just got the email!

Time stamp: 1:07 EST

Stream: French

GPA: 3.75

Interview: didn't feel good - I felt uneasy about many of my answers and didn't take a firm stance on many of the ethical scenarios. I tend to be quite hard on myself though so I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Good luck everyone - I had literally given up hope, especially since the French list apparently doesn't move much..and my GPA is on the low end.. but then this email rolled in. I know it's hard but keep your hopes up!

Just got the email!

Time stamp: 1:07 EST

Stream: French

GPA: 3.75

Interview: didn't feel good - I felt uneasy about many of my answers and didn't take a firm stance on many of the ethical scenarios. I tend to be quite hard on myself though so I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Good luck everyone - I had literally given up hope, especially since the French list apparently doesn't move much..and my GPA is on the low end.. but then this email rolled in. I know it's hard but keep your hopes up!

Congrats!!!! So happy for you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived