Premed 101 Forums

Surface 3 Or Sp3?

nirizx

Hi everyone. I'm planning on buying a tablet for notetaking and studying in school. I've always been most comfortable with paper and pen, but I hear that the paper burden will be too great with the volume of material in school. I'm a little torn between which one I should choose. I'm leaning towards the surface, the only performance challenge I think I'll have is loading the massive textbooks? But at the same time I want a screen size that's most comfortable... any input?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone. I'm planning on buying a tablet for notetaking and studying in school. I've always been most comfortable with paper and pen, but I hear that the paper burden will be too great with the volume of material in school. I'm a little torn between which one I should choose. I'm leaning towards the surface, the only performance challenge I think I'll have is loading the massive textbooks? But at the same time I want a screen size that's most comfortable... any input?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think loading books will be a challenge. If that's your biggest concern, I think you'll be fine with the surface. 

Think about it this way: The surface 3 is more of a tablet, and it's performance is going to be more or less on par with a low end laptop or a typical tablet. In comparison, the surface pro 3 is more of a laptop in the shape of a tablet. So it's performance will be on par with mid-range laptops with comparable specs. So if you're planning to use a laptop or desktop on the side as well and mainly want something for note-taking, then the surface 3 should suffice. 

Archived