Premed 101 Forums

Official University Of Alberta 2016 Pharmacy Applicants - Class Of 2020

starrynight111

Just got my acceptance into pharmacy today

I finished my interview on May 22nd

The fact that they are giving out offers before the interview deadline might suggest they do sort of a "rolling admission" so i recommend other applicants who had yet to do their interview to finish them as soon as possible

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that they are giving out offers before the interview deadline might suggest they do sort of a "rolling admission" so i recommend other applicants who had yet to do their interview to finish them as soon as possible

Can you please post your stats for other applicants' knowledge?

Wait... How?? I thought the Admissions Committee don't meet until the end of June....

I was also admitted today. I did the interview yesterday lol. Good Luck to those waiting.

My Stats:

pgpa: 3.74

cgpa: 3.81

Best Year 30 Credit year: 3.94

2nd year, IP

Stats:

cGPA: 3.84

Best year gpa: 3.97

Bsc completed in 2015, IP

How did you find your interviews?

idk why people keep asking what their odds are lol not to be rude but we are all i the same boat as you and know just as much about the admission process as the website says.. you should look into previous years' forums and see the stats of everyone that got accepted :) 

idk why people keep asking what their odds are lol not to be rude but we are all i the same boat as you and know just as much about the admission process as the website says.. you should look into previous years' forums and see the stats of everyone that got accepted :)

Sorry I am just super anxious and it's a bit nervous.

Anyone else get their offer?

To those that have been accepted- have you received a request for a criminal background check and vaccination records? I only ask because I'm leaving the country from June 13-August 12 and would like to have these documents prepared beforehand in the event that I'm accepted. Thanks for your help

Hey guys :) I received my admission offer June 9, 2016! I'm pretty surprised tbh considering my interview didn't go that great in my opinion. But I'm super happy I'm admitted and I can't wait to meet all you lovely people

For those of you wondering:

My Stats:

pGPA: 3.7

cGPA: 3.7

30ucw GPA: 3.8

I'm in my 2nd year, IP

Can't wait to see all of you next year! Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting and congratulations to those already admitted! :)

Hey guys  :) I just got my offer last night (June 9)! I'm really excited to meet everyone in the fall!

For anyone wondering:

Stats:

pGPA: 3.87

cGPA: 3.91

best 30 credit year GPA: 3.94

(2nd year, IP)

To everyone who is waiting good luck  :) and to all those who are admitted congrats!

How many seats does it still show on beartracks which aren't filled?

There's no way of knowing how many seats are filled because the Faculty registers us in our first year classes and they have not begun that process yet. So when I search Pharmacy courses, the "open seats" states 132/132

Hello friends! 

I received my admittance June 9th ! I wasn't very confident with my standing considering I withdrew from one course this year, and I believed I rambled quite a bit during the interview. So I'm still a bit in shock ! 

pgpa: 3.7

cpga: 3.7

2ndyr, ip

SO excited to meet everyone this upcoming fall! Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those waiting ! Prayers out to you guys!  :)

Also, for those admitted and require a police check, forms are $48 and can be picked up at any local police division. However, they ONLY accept personal checks if you were to pay at the agency v.s. the official location @ Nexus business Park ~near Westmount/Yellowhead, where you can choose other payment options. Bring two pieces of ID! They also take a week to process so do that all before June 30! Hope this is helpful! Have a good summer  :P

Hello friends! 

I received my admittance June 9th ! I wasn't very confident with my standing considering I withdrew from one course this year, and I believed I rambled quite a bit during the interview. So I'm still a bit in shock ! 

pgpa: 3.7

cpga: 3.7

2ndyr, ip

SO excited to meet everyone this upcoming fall! Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those waiting ! Prayers out to you guys!  :)

Also, for those admitted and require a police check, forms are $48 and can be picked up at any local police division. However, they ONLY accept personal checks if you were to pay at the agency v.s. the official location @ Nexus business Park ~near Westmount/Yellowhead, where you can choose other payment options. Bring two pieces of ID! They also take a week to process so do that all before June 30! Hope this is helpful! Have a good summer  :P

Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't getting the criminal check right now be to early. For the community service, it has to be less than 45 days old which is why they say to start it august 1. 

Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't getting the criminal check right now be to early. For the community service, it has to be less than 45 days old which is why they say to start it august 1. 

Yeah, my mistake, sorry! I totally skimmed that part of the email. I assumed a police check was part of the admission...like if I had an extensive criminal record I would be denied admission, so that would need to be cleared before June 30. Does it say anywhere to start in August 1? I'll email Rae! THANKS for catching this, I may have potentially cost someone 48$

Archived