Premed 101 Forums

University Of British Columbia 2016 Applicants - Class Of 2020

bcftw123

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To get an interview depends only on your grades - so if your overall average and prereq average is high enough to be competitive (despite the D grade) they'll call you and once your at the interviews they don't care about your grades anymore so your good. Your initial chances depend on your grades though so do you mind sharing your cGPA/average?

To get an interview depends only on your grades - so if your overall average and prereq average is high enough to be competitive (despite the D grade) they'll call you and once your at the interviews they don't care about your grades anymore so your good. Your initial chances depend on your grades though so do you mind sharing your cGPA/average?

Well I have 76% average and they do not care about your grades after the interview? means that the courses youre taking now, they would not take a look at it?

Well I have 76% average and they do not care about your grades after the interview? means that the courses youre taking now, they would not take a look at it?

I'm not sure- I'm doing chem 235 right now actually and a humanities prereq so I'm in the same boat. Second term courses are counted but summer courses are not. I've gotten a different answer from almost everyone I've talked to about this issue but it seems UBC just makes sure you completed them at the end of the day. 

Does anyone know if they send all invite emails at once? (i.e: If I didn't recieve one now, I won't be getting one) and does anyone know if they send any invitation declined emails?

My Application Status still shows "Ready for Review". Not sure if I'll be recieving an interview invite this year! :/

Thanks!

Does anyone know if they send all invite emails at once? (i.e: If I didn't recieve one now, I won't be getting one) and does anyone know if they send any invitation declined emails?

My Application Status still shows "Ready for Review". Not sure if I'll be recieving an interview invite this year! :/

Thanks!

Since they told us to confirm by April 3rd, I would assume they might send out more after that if some people don't confirm their spot. And I think they're most likely still sending the emails out in waves.

Since they told us to confirm by April 3rd, I would assume they might send out more after that if some people don't confirm their spot. And I think they're most likely still sending the emails out in waves.

Thanks for your idea. I hope that is how it works! It does seem that other people have gotten their interview requests later than others. For now, we wait. :)

Congratulations on those who have received an invite! If possible, can you include your Pre-Req GPA and last 30 credit GPA? This would really help those who want to know where if they have a solid GPA for interview or not. After taking three 3.0 credits pre-reqs (and getting A - A+), I'll be sitting at the 77.8% Pre-Req and 84.6% last 30, not too sure if this would be competitive for next year.

Thanks!

You recieve an email which is connected to your UBC application. Did you check spam folder ect? It's important since your UBC SSC page won't change. It will still read "Ready for Review" even if you get an invite for an interview.ake sure there is indeed no email!

Congratulations on those who have received an invite! If possible, can you include your Pre-Req GPA and last 30 credit GPA? This would really help those who want to know where if they have a solid GPA for interview or not. After taking three 3.0 credits pre-reqs (and getting A - A+), I'll be sitting at the 77.8% Pre-Req and 84.6% last 30, not too sure if this would be competitive for next year.

My prereq GPA was ~78% and my last 30c GPA was ~84%. Hope that helps!

Archived