Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Interview Discussion 2016

I think I know exactly what station you're talking about. Honestly I laughed at myself after that station, it would be hard not to - and I also remember thinking "oh no" when I read the prompt.  I wouldn't worry about that one, I don't think anyone would have had an easy time with that station....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acting out a scenario and pretending to be someone who you aren't while being put on the spot can be pretty awkward for most people. I'm sure they were just laughing to relieve the tension and awkwardness/have some fun. I know that was the case with me when I was practicing those types of scenarios!

Those assessors have been on both sides of the MMI and they very much recognize when they're doing a station that could be difficult. When an applicant truly does poorly (which almost certainly happens far less often than those applicants think) it isn't really a laughing matter for them. On the other hand,  a couple hours in to working closely with someone new it's pretty easy to get in to some amusing but unrelated conversations, and the assessors are very rarely aware of exactly how thin the walls are

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!  Does anyone know the subject lines of the emails for acceptances and regrets?  Trying to mentally prepare myself as much as possible :)

Last year my email title was: 'Offer of Admissions, McMaster MD Program - Hamilton Campus'. Pretty much gives it all up front. 

Congratulations to everyone who's been given an offer to McMaster and best of luck to those on the wait list! And if you weren't given an offer this year DON'T GIVE UP :) 

If you've been given an offer, come join our official Class of 2019 Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/977367072371009/

There's a ton of useful information from upper years who are there to answer your questions. It'll also be extremely helpful in finding a roommate if need be!

See you all in August!

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived