Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interview Discussion 2016

I remember a couple years back I still didn't hear back right up until the Friday before the final interview (the last interview was literally the next day). What made it confusing was that on the Friday, they sent a message on their Facebook group telling everyone that all the rejections had been sent out and all the interview spots had been filled. 

It was only until the Monday (day after the last interview), that I called the office and asked what was up? The interview already happened and they notified everyone that all the rejections were sent out. She said that I was held in a small reserve group just in case someone bailed last minute and that I was in fact now rejected. I said thanks, hung up the phone and received an email 5 minutes later notifying me that I was rejected.

My guess would be that they still have spots left, probably very few. And that most of us are already in the rejected batch waiting to be notified, a few will be lucky enough to get an interview last minute, and a handful will probably be dragged out to the very end like I was a couple years back.

This same thing happened to me last year. I know how frustrating it is! But don't give up hope guys. It's not over until the rejection email is in your inbox. Stay positive!!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the stats of the people who got regrets today... there are some mighty qualified people out there. 

I always find seeing the regrets is more intimidating than seeing the invites, seeing the quality of applicants they don't have space to interview

I always find seeing the regrets is more intimidating than seeing the invites, seeing the quality of applicants they don't have space to interview

Looking at it, it seems to be b/c they have relatively lower gpas compared to the accepted avg (3.96 ish). That seems to be the biggest factor for the people that recently posted 

Looking at it, it seems to be b/c they have relatively lower gpas compared to the accepted avg (3.96 ish). That seems to be the biggest factor for the people that recently posted 

So is there ANY chance for people with lower GPA's? Like, relatively really low (3.5-3.7?)

So is there ANY chance for people with lower GPA's? Like, relatively really low (3.5-3.7?)

Without a graduate degree I would assume no, because in their admissions webinar video (on the website) they said there was a 3.8 wGPA cutoff for file review

These ones do, but the first round of rejects that went out, sometime before I got an invite for the march weekend (like mid Feb I think) had me really scared because all those rejects seemed to be >3.95. Crazy.

These ones do, but the first round of rejects that went out, sometime before I got an invite for the march weekend (like mid Feb I think) had me really scared because all those rejects seemed to be >3.95. Crazy.

Yeah I noticed that as well. Must have been some kind of red flag, late material maybe :s

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to the incoming class. For many of you, decade long dreams have achieved fulfilment. For others, the day may have brought deep disappointment. For those of you in the latter category I wish to reinforce that many people try more than once before gaining admission. Take some time to vent your frustration and use the summer to strengthen your weaknesses, tackle the next academic year with renewed vigour and post happy news next year. Best of luck everyone. Medicine is a hard and challenging path that involves many sacrifices both before admission and after but it is also a deeply rewarding field well worth striving for.

To our new class, I would recommend taking a moment to write a letter to yourself that captures your emotions today. In the years to come it will serve as a reminder of all you endured to get here. More than once I have looked back at my notes from my own day of admission to encourage me when times are particularly difficult or stressful.

Congratulations to the class of 2T0!

Archived