Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Invites/regrets 2016

Please use the following format for your post. Please note this thread is for stats only. Interview discussion will be here

Invite/Rejection
Date Stamp: DD/MM/YYYY - XX:XX AM/PM
Stream: English, French, Aboriginal, French (OOP (not QC))
wGPA: on 4.0 OMSAS Scale
Current year:3rd year, 4th year, UG complete, Masters, PhD
ECs: Description at your discretion 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invite

Date Stamp: 28/01/2016 - 10:01 AM
Stream: English
wGPA: 3.95
Current year:BA and BSc complete, MSc in progress
ECs: I will edit later, kind of freaking out

Edit: is anyone else's email cut off at the left hand side of the email? Basically the first word of every sentence is cut off for me. I can still make sense of the email, just strange.

Invite
Date Stamp: 28/01/2016 - 10:00 AM
wGPA: 3.96 ish
Current year: UG complete
ECs: All over the map - little bit of research, undergrad thesis, lots of volunteering (hospital, physio clinic, teaching science to young kids), exec on a couple of clubs. PM for more info :)

CASPER: Thought it went well. I was able to form my opinions and address both sides of each argument. Note: I chose to rewrite when my initial attempt crashed part way through. 

Invite
Date Stamp: 28/01/2016 - 10:00 AM
Stream: English
wGPA: 3.91
Current year:4th year
ECs: Pretty average.

Casper: Felt like it went well but hard to say. Got an interview at Mac as well so probably wasn't terrible.

Shocked and humbled to be given the opportunity to interview at Ottawa with my GPA!

Invite

wGPA: 3.95

Current year:BA and BSc complete, MSc in progress

ECs: I will edit later, kind of freaking out

Edit: is anyone else's email cut off at the left hand side of the email? Basically the first word of every sentence is cut off for me. I can still make sense of the email, just strange.

Copy/paste the e-mail into word and you will get the entire message! 

Invite
Date Stamp: 28/01/2016 - 9:36 AM
Stream: French, MD/PhD
wGPA: 3.76 
Current year: 4th year UG
ECs: Varied - lots of research, community work, very involved in the youth musical community in my city.

In shock. This is my ultimate dream. Je suis tellement excitée! Particularly with my GPA - I know that applying through the francophone stream helps, but I was honestly not expecting this whatsoever.

ETA: I thought my CASPer went rather terribly. ;)

INVITE!

wGPA: 3.97
Current year: 4th year
Eps: NSERC, Hospital Research Summer Student, community outreach/ youth empowerment programs, language tutoring, a lot of academic awards/ scholarships, campus clubs, camp counsellor, etc.

Really REALLY stoked.

[Edit: I am certain that CASPer did not to well at all - time definitely ran out mid way a couple of my last sentences. Oops. So, who knows.]

Invite
Location: IP? (I'm from OOP but had attended 3 years at U of T by the time of my application)
wGPA: 3.99
Current year: Completed 3rd year UG, doing full year internship at the moment so not technically in 4th year
ECs: Not much volunteering (tutored some kids in 1st year), lots of employment (a few internships at various software companies, couple TA positions in 3rd year), took several research courses and did some research over the summer, had some personal software related side projects, lots of academic scholarships, no club involvement, no healthcare related ECs

CASPER: Went okay but I felt like I ran out of time on most questions. Must've gone okay cause I got an interview at Mac as well.

Can't believe I am posting one of these:

Invite

Date Stamp: 28/01/2016- 09:01 AM

wGPA: 3.96

Current year: 2nd Undergrad completed; taking two courses this year to still qualify as an undergrad student for uOttawa's ECs

ECs: Employment: Summer School Teaching Assistant (3 Summers); Facility Services Summer Student (worked as a groundskeeper for a school board over summer); Group Fitness Instructor For Seniors and People with Disabilities (50 Hours, way more now though)
Volunteer: Group Exercise Assistant for Seniors (120 Hours); House Refresher at Ronald McDonald House (100 Hours); Laboratory Volunteer (Measured BP of cardiac rehab patients and watched them as they exercised)(100 Hours)

Extra-Curricular: Executive Team Leader of Social Club at UWO (Purple Spur)(400 Hours); Intramural and Summer Hockey League Captain (500 Hours); Campaign Assistant for the now MP of my hometown (250 Hours)
Awards: Fellowship through the Liberal Party of Canada, Some high marks award, and another award for highest average in graduating year of my program
Research: Submitted one literature review; Currently working on a project with Canada Task Force on Preventative Health

Invite (Yay!)
Date Stamp: 28/01/2016 - 07:01 AM (Pacific)
wGPA: 3.95
Current year:4th year
ECs: Nothing outstanding. Lots of bush work, clinical volunteering, and a few awards. Zero research!

Casper: I'm slow at typing so each question only had a few sentences and I got cut off on the third question quite a few times.

Invite/Rejection: Regrets (but will contact you if vacancies open)

Date Stamp: 28/01/2016 - 11:10 AM
wGPA: 3.93
Current year: MSc
Eps: Felt that they were at/above average but maybe I should reconsider my Top3. 

CASPER: Articulated thoughts but maybe I could have done better (CASPer SIMs were good but who knows!?)

Said they'd contact me if vacancies open.

Feeling a little shocked, really thought that I spent a lot of time on these and that I had a decent shot. Oh well, better luck next year.

Best of luck to all those that got the nod for an interview!

Invite

Date Stamp: 28/01/2016- 9:50 AM

Stream: French

wGPA: 3.90

Current year: 1st year out of undergrad

ECs: Above-ish average. No formal research experience however. 

Actually kind of surprised that I got invited. Didn't feel very confident about that CASPER test at all

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived