Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Discussion 2016

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone comment on the type of interview that Ottawa has? Is it MMI, panel, etc.?

Ottawa interviews are a traditional panel interview with 3 interviewers. As for the type of questions asked: it can be anything!

My best advice is to try to relax and be yourself, have a genuine conversation with them and don't doubt yourself!

Ottawa interviews are a traditional panel interview with 3 interviewers. As for the type of questions asked: it can be anything!

My best advice is to try to relax and be yourself, have a genuine conversation with them and don't doubt yourself!

Thank you so much, that is very helpful. Is there any chance that you know how many students are interviewed and how many seats there are for the incoming class?

Does anyone know how many applicants, interviewees, and the class size Ottawa takes? Can't find a stats page online. Thnx!

I'm not too sure about English, but for French it's roughly half the class size, so about 130 interviewees. So it would be about 230 interviewees in English if it was the same thing. Ottawa has more than 4000 applicants a year, according to OMSAS

EDIT: 80-100 in French...not 130( don't know where I got that -_-)...again, I'm not to sure about English stats.

I'm not too sure about English, but for French it's roughly half the class size, so about 130 interviewees. So it would be about 230 interviewees in English if it was the same thing. Ottawa has more than 4000 applicants a year, according to OMSAS

If I'm not mistaken, there were only 85 interviewees for the French stream last year.

Does anyone know where on Ottawa's website would we be able to find information about the interview, statistics from previous years, etc. I can't seem to find anything other than this blurb under the interview tab: "No candidate will be admitted without an interview. These are usually held in February-March. Candidates will be invited based on the minimum WGPA set for that year for the particular group to which they belong, combined with the results of the non-academic assessments. A composite score of the interview assessment combined with the WGPA is then calculated and a final selection is made for the offers of admission."

Does everyone that's rejected get that little blurb about vacancies opening up sometimes?

I got the same thing.

Last year they told me I hadn't made academic excellence (I had 3.84) but this year I had 3.93... yet they didn't mention the academic excellence part. Did anyone else get the same thing?

"The Admissions Committee will review 3,921 applications this year for the 164 positions available and will interview approximately 575 candidates. After careful review of your application, we sincerely regret to inform you that you were not among those applicants selected for an interview. Occasionally, vacancies occur during the interview process, Should this happen, you may be contacted (by telephone or by email) for an interview."

​So confused

For those who got regrets this year, did everyone's email said this- "Occasionally, vacancies occur during the interview process, Should this happen, you may be contacted (by telephone or by email) for an interview. We thus encourage you to continue with your education program to ensure that you fulfil all prerequisites."

Confused as to whether this is a confusing sentence part of the rejection email or an interview waitlist of sorts?

For those who got regrets this year, did everyone's email said this- "Occasionally, vacancies occur during the interview process, Should this happen, you may be contacted (by telephone or by email) for an interview. We thus encourage you to continue with your education program to ensure that you fulfil all prerequisites."

Confused as to whether this is a confusing sentence part of the rejection email or an interview waitlist of sorts?

Yes I got the same, I feel like it is still regrets but to keep your eyes peeled if people drop their interview

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived