Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Discussion 2016

Got the same too but for me that's false hope, who would refuse an interview!

Yeah me too. I'm assuming all rejected applicants got the same email (with the Occasionally, vacancies occur during the interview process, Should this happen, you may be contacted (by telephone or by email) for an interview.)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah me too. I'm assuming all rejected applicants got the same email (with the Occasionally, vacancies occur during the interview process, Should this happen, you may be contacted (by telephone or by email) for an interview.)

Looks like Ottawa changed up their game this year - nothing about a failure at a particular point in their stage was mentioned (i.e. academic excellence or ECs). A little frustrating but thats the system I guess.

Does anyone know how long the interviews take generally? Or how much time they are usually scheduled for? 

Thanks!

The interview is about 45 min, but is scheduled for 1 hour (For when they come get you for your interview and so you can ask questions at the end to the interviewers) 

Just out of curiosity, what are the interview dates this year? I'm on Feb. 27th and I saw an additional post for March 19th... any other weekends?

Mine's on Feb 24th, which is a Wednesday...so it looks like they're not restricting it to weekends for some weird reason.

Does anyone know where I can find information about Ottawa's interview and interview day schedule online? I can't seem to find anything on their website. 

You well get an e-mail with an information package once they get all the confirmations! Is there something you particularly wanted to know now?

I'm not sure if every regrets is phrased the same way. I was initially rejected and a couple weeks later got a very unexpected call from Chantal for an interview due to declines and despite my assumption I was at the bottom of the pile I eventually got an offer! Not to give anyone false hope but it does happen to a small number of people. If you're one of the lucky few with a second chance don't give up hope that your total file score is lower than most as an offer is still a possibility! Good luck everyone

They are panel interviews - I recommend coming to our mock interviews if you can! Congrats everyone!

They will be posted online very soon, there will be a post on the forum to inform you when the registrations open!

By any chance, do you know when the registrations for those mock interviews open?

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived