Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Pa Application Cycle 2016

March 30th at 3:00

p.s how is everyone calculating their GPAs because I see lots like 3.75 and 3.72 but I can only find whole numbers like 3.7 and 3.9 on the OMSAS website.

Thanks!

I converted each of my grades in a spreadsheet to the corresponding number on the 4.0 scale, and then took an average of all of those.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too sure what order and how McMaster sends out their emails, but I do hope they give all students who applied the courtesy of an email about their result (some students were not emailed last year). Students work hard on their application, and pay a good sum of money to apply, any email would be appreciated. 

I am still waiting for an email, but I will now be focusing on my extracurriculars/finals instead of checking these forums/email regularly.

Underdog, I totally agree...if I don't get an email I will be very insulted. Not to mention I wasted money on applying without even an email in return.  I will follow your lead and focus on finals since I spent way too much energy checking emails and forums today. Good luck to you!

I can't imagine them not emailing you, if you haven't heard anything in the next week, send them an email or phone and ask. I had an issue two weeks ago with them losing my transcript, and as a result they emailed me to tell me that I was ineligible because my application was incomplete. I cleared it up with them, it was their fault not mine, but I did receive a reply for both that and my wait-listed status. Also check your MacPortal status to see if anything has changed

I can't imagine them not emailing you, if you haven't heard anything in the next week, send them an email or phone and ask. I had an issue two weeks ago with them losing my transcript, and as a result they emailed me to tell me that I was ineligible because my application was incomplete. I cleared it up with them, it was their fault not mine, but I did receive a reply for both that and my wait-listed status. Also check your MacPortal status to see if anything has changed

I will email them if it comes to that (hopefully it doesn't). I just saw a lot of people on last years forum saying "well the interviews are over and I still haven't gotten an email. I just I didn't make it." I hope they'll respond to all this year but it would suck if they don't!

Just spoke to the school... Apparently the admissions officer for the program has been sick since Wednesday and only sent out the first round of emails/rejections on mosaic. We should be expecting a change on mosaic (which will generate an email) by Wednesday. Hope that helps everyone who's still waiting for a reply! Good luck to all

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,  I have cancelled my upcoming interview this weekend for the Mac PA program and hope that one of you premed101 waitlisters will now be given a shot.

After much thought, I have decided to work on nursing as my Plan B for medicine as I would really want to get to a place where I could practice independently.  Was thinking of still going to the interview this weekend simply to generate another opportunity for myself, but if my mind is made up now I thought it unfair to take the opportunity away from someone who was 100% into being a PA.

Good luck to all of you.   

RR

Hi everyone, I have cancelled my upcoming interview this weekend for the Mac PA program and hope that one of you premed101 waitlisters will now be given a shot.

After much thought, I have decided to work on nursing as my Plan B for medicine as I would really want to get to a place where I could practice independently. Was thinking of still going to the interview this weekend simply to generate another opportunity for myself, but if my mind is made up now I thought it unfair to take the opportunity away from someone who was 100% into being a PA.

Good luck to all of you.

RR

As someone who is 100% PA, thank you so much

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard back from Mac yet? I'm very stressed out. They said 10 business days and still nothing. I got accepted to UoT as well but they want an answer tomorrow. 

I haven't heard anything. My interview was May 16th (I think it might have been the last day of interviews) and they said we should find out by the end of the month. You could always call and explain that UofT needs to know by tomorrow!

To everyone who is considering accepting U of T, it's my understanding that you have to return the form in the mail with a $500 dollar tuition deposit by tomorrow or they can cancel your offer. Just thought I'd give you a heads up that if you choose to do so you'll have to express post it by today at the latest, or hand deliver!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived