Premed 101 Forums

Nb Applicant Date Speculation

Someone told me that there were only 30 NB applicants that interviewed, but I'm not sure where they got the info from. Does anyone know the details on this?

Hey, I found this on the Dal board:

https://www.afmc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/en/Publications/AdmissionsBook2016-Final-EN.pdf

It states that last year 122 people were interviewed for all other Canadian provinces. That would be for 10 NB seats, 4 PEI seats, 1 Yukon seat, and 5 seats for the rest of Canada. There were 134 Newfoundland/Labrador residents interviewed for 80 seats which would equate to 1.7 people interviewed per seat. Last year there were ~85 people from NB that applied, but the MUN site does not specify how many of those interviewed. I am straight guessing here but it's likely that less than half of the NB applicants interviewed so that would mean somewhere around 30-40ish...but again this is a guess. If anyone has any numbers to add to this it would be welcome;) 

Hey, I found this on the Dal board:

https://www.afmc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/en/Publications/AdmissionsBook2016-Final-EN.pdf

It states that last year 122 people were interviewed for all other Canadian provinces. That would be for 10 NB seats, 4 PEI seats, 1 Yukon seat, and 5 seats for the rest of Canada. There were 134 Newfoundland/Labrador residents interviewed for 80 seats which would equate to 1.7 people interviewed per seat. Last year there were ~85 people from NB that applied, but the MUN site does not specify how many of those interviewed. I am straight guessing here but it's likely that less than half of the NB applicants interviewed so that would mean somewhere around 30-40ish...but again this is a guess. If anyone has any numbers to add to this it would be welcome;) 

Sorry 134 Nfld for 60 seats=2.2 interviewees per seat..oops!

• 3 weeks later...

It seemed to me on the day of my interview I was meeting no one but NB applicants (saturday afternoon), made me thinking jeeze there must be like 50 of us here. 

here is to hoping they come out early because the ones to NL applicants did!!

I had the exact opposite experience, I only met OOP applicants from Ontario and a few NFLD applicants! I think they probably accept 30-40 for the interview because I heard before its something like 3 applicants per seat roughly or something like that. 

I had the exact opposite experience, I only met OOP applicants from Ontario and a few NFLD applicants! I think they probably accept 30-40 for the interview because I heard before its something like 3 applicants per seat roughly or something like that. 

Well I am hoping you are right and they only interviewed 30 :P

I'm surprised there are only 3 NL's who posted in the accepted thread. I would have thought there would be more Newfoundland PM101ers!

Their chances of success are much higher than any other province at around 39% acceptance rate so maybe there is just less premed worry among NLers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived