Premed 101 Forums

U Of T Pa Applicants 2016

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Make sure to check the email account you put on the application and to double check spam/clutter folder as it might have sitting there.

For those of you waitlisted there tends to be a little movement over then next couple of weeks as people realise the commitment required to a distance program (and the 6 months north/south swap) as well as the places for Manitoba and Mac get sent out too.

Here to answer any questions you might have.

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and waitlisted and good luck !!!

Hey aldidaw & pEHplz & brobourne , if you don't mind, could you share your health care experience and GPA please. ??

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the waitlist and I received an offer of admission to U of T today, so it seems some movement has begun.

They called me in the morning to ask if I was still interested in the program and then they said I will be receiving an offer by email later on this afternoon, which I did.

Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist! To those who have been accepted, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in September!

• 1 month later...

As I graduate of U of T PA program I would describe this program as Rip OFF, basically  what its going to happen is "teach yourself and we will charge you for it". Plus the teaching style is abusive in itself. You will get a power point or recorded lectures, some useless group work over net and the date by which you have to learn everything. Then  they will test on it.  During residential blocks one day you have a lecture for which U of T contracts different docs to go over power point and then you have a test 2 days latter.  The second year is a total disorganization because the program will send you to northern Ontario small towns for each rotation for which you have no time to prepare in terms of moving and living there. Also they can switch your rotation in the middle and send you somewhere thousands miles away and you may have an exam on the day when you have to move and no accommodation will be provided. In short, the PA program at U of T is a business enterprise which ironically ran by 4 people and the rest are contracted on assinment basis. You won't feel like you are a part of U of T at all. Its so oppressive in nature, its run like a private college and nobody to complain about it. Our class went to the Dean of U of T to complain about the program so many times but nothing changed. All of us couldn't wait until its over. An Awful experience.

• 8 months later...

Hello Relaxing Bath,

thanks for your insights! I am an aspiring student and planning to apply this 2017.  Is there a common denominator of the students who got in? say in terms of their GPA, education background (are they all health related?) and their experience?

Thanks!

In my class (2017) and what i know of the class of 2018 there isn't really a common denominator GPAs vary though its not really talked about (not aware of anyone with the minimum GPA getting in). There are some straight out of undergraduate, some with masters as well as some mature students who have been working for many years and returned to change careers.

As for healthcare experience there is a huge range, nursing, radiology tech, pharmacy, research assistant (with strong pt skills), OT/PT assistants, registered dietitian, international medical graduates the list goes on. As per the paconsortium.ca website the more hands on the patient experience the more favorable they will view the application.  

Archived