Premed 101 Forums

Potential Waitlist Movement

Potential Waitlist Movement  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the option that best describes your situation with respect to Queen's medicine admissions.

• Offered admission but will be declining to accept another offer
    • Removing self from waitlist to accept another offer
    • On the waitlist with no other offers
    • Will be accepting the offer and attending Queen's
    • Rejected post-interview
    • On multiple waitlists (including Queen's) with no offers
    • ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there different waitlist tiers? (high, normal, low).

Is it safe to assume that everyone on the waitlist gets in considering there is so much movement?

I would say no.  The large waitlist movement is balanced out by the fact that the waitlist is also large, unfortunately.  Never hurts to stay positive though!

• 2 weeks later...

The votes for "Offered admission but will be declining to accept another offer" has gone up recently, does that mean people are getting accepted off the waiting list and then declining? Everywhere else seem so quiet  :mellow: 

Those are probably voters who are just discovering the poll now because they frequent the forum of the other Ontario schools more often. 

Just seemed to be a couple people that responded in a short period of time.. Hopefully if there was any movement it would get posted on the other waitlist thread as well!

I think the first choice went from 5 to 11 today  :blink:.. It's good for those of us on the waitlist but I wonder if these are people who were accepted previously or off the waitlist..

I think the first choice went from 5 to 11 today  :blink:.. It's good for those of us on the waitlist but I wonder if these are people who were accepted previously or off the waitlist..

At this point all we can really do is wait. I'm sure we only have to wait another 2-3 weeks, 4 at max, to find out our fate in this cycle. We're in the home stretch people. 

Last year there was a girl who was training for the same job I have now and in mid-august she was accepted off waitlist to Queens after the email had gone out.

Ya I think they keep the very top of the waitlist open just in case there are any last minute deferrals/drop outs but I would assume it's pretty rare. I've heard of it occurring in previous years as well.  

Ya I think they keep the very top of the waitlist open just in case there are any last minute deferrals/drop outs but I would assume it's pretty rare. I've heard of it occurring in previous years as well.  

I was just re-reading the email from last year and it says that the school retains the wait-list until the end of September, in case a space in class opens up.

Last year there was a girl who was training for the same job I have now and in mid-august she was accepted off waitlist to Queens after the email had gone out.

Wow! It must really be an extreme whirlwind of emotions to have an app-cycle drag out so long and then to have all these preparations foisted upon you in short-order! I am sure I would have lost my head if that happened to me. Good for your friend!

How do we explain the 160+ members in class of 2020 fb grou?  It is unlikely that there are 60+ upper years in that group

Two of my friends joined that group after getting accepted in multiple places. One of them declined their offer but hasn't removed themself from the group yet. Also it could POTENTIALLY be a mix of second and third years in there, although it's not likely.

How do we explain the 160+ members in class of 2020 fb grou?  It is unlikely that there are 60+ upper years in that group

There are a lot of 2019's on there. It' been said the fb group is pretty unreliable because people either won't join it or there are those who have joined and are attending other schools and won't leave the group until the end of the summer. I know there are 3 people in the group which have accepted offers at other schools.

There might be. There's over 600 people in the UofT group for a 259 person class, if that puts it into perspective. If you look at any of the groups, there's around 2x the class size in them

There might be. There's over 600 people in the UofT group for a 259 person class, if that puts it into perspective. If you look at any of the groups, there's around 2x the class size in them

And there's also 400+ in Mac's group for a 200-person class. Personally I know 5 people in the Queen's group who have accepted other offers but haven't removed themselves from the group. We're still early in the waitlist process, so stay optimistic!

Archived