Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Biostatistics

I recently graduated from lifesci and am accepted to MSc biostatistics program at uoft. I wonder if anyone on this forum did MSc biostats previously and is willing to share some of their experience with the program (ex. course-load, GPA, publications, job prospects). 

Unfortunately the faculty web doesn't have much info, so any insight is greatly appreciated :) 

I can't comment much on the program itself since I did it at a different university but I can tell you that job prospects can be good if you broaden your scope. 

Don't think just biostatistics...

Epidemiologists

Health care econometrics

Statistical and/or research analysts

Look towards larger organizations if that's your interest .... Health Canada, Public Health Agency of Canada, Canadian Institute for Health Information, Provincial Health Networks, Research Groups, Global Health Organizations (one person I know worked hard to get into the WHO)

Best wishes and good luck,

- G 

• 6 months later...

I recently graduated from lifesci and am accepted to MSc biostatistics program at uoft. I wonder if anyone on this forum did MSc biostats previously and is willing to share some of their experience with the program (ex. course-load, GPA, publications, job prospects). 

Unfortunately the faculty web doesn't have much info, so any insight is greatly appreciated :)

how is the program going for you thus far? im interested in applying for fall 2017...can you give me any insight...thanks

Archived