Premed 101 Forums

The Tenative Psa Agreement

thestar10

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On an aside, does anyone know if your Professional Medical Corporation is portable?

Say you register for PMC in ON, work for few years but goes to AB to work for few years, and then come back, can you put your AB income in your ON PMC?

I imagine it is isn't. Most if not all of these corporations are registered provincially. So a change in location of business would require a change in location of incorporation. 

Corporations can incorporate federally and register in provinces where they conduct business. I'm on the board of directors of such a federal non-profit corporation at the moment. But I do not know if such federal incorporation is an option for medical corporations.

• 4 weeks later...

Let's not talk BS and focus on the real issue we are dealing with this.

Because of a proportion of people in medicine being greedy and finding loop holes, they've as a group incurred a high cost to the system through medically unnecessary tests. I am looking at specifically shady radiology/cardiology groups that pretty much would do any test on someone even if not medically necessary. 

So many private clinics with referrals for anyone over the age of 50 with a special package of cardiac testing (stress test, Holters, Echos, vascular ultrasound) in totally asymptomatic patients. Probably some shady referral compensation given to the family physicians.

These are the groups that jack up our health care billing leading to the government responding in a way that is not hostile to physician billing as a whole. And who suffers? the ones who are providing important front-line care like family docs.

We all know this and let's not deny this fact. We as a group of physicians need to identify these loopholes and fix them and scrutinize those physician groups endorsing this shady practice.

I don't understand how family physicians being the strongest in number don't use their strength in numbers to chase these shady practices. 

Of course the Coalition of Doctors lobby against the tPSA. Just look at which physician groups are part of them (radiologist, cardiologist groups).

It's pointless trying to point fingers at the government for being hostile and incompetent at managing finances and not acknowledge the garbage within our organization.

Archived