Premed 101 Forums

Optométrie @ Udem

Hi,

I just finished my cegep with an r score of 33, and I plan to increase my cru and apply to UdeM optométrie after one year of university.

Would I be considered a candidat universitaire, candidat universitaire en cours de bac or candidat collégien? And are there different r score requirements between candidat universitaire en cours de bac and candidat collegien?

Thank you. 

Universitaire only.

"En cours de bac" is only for medicine. 

You will have a CRU (cote de rendement universitaire), but your CEGEP R score will still count for a lot, and as far as I know the lowest CRU for an interview this year was at least 34.

Good luck!

So I wouldn't be able to apply to anything other than medicine without having completed a bachelor's degree?

In that case, the CEGEP R score wouldn't be worth anything, since they would only consider the CRU?

No, of course you can apply!

What I meant by "en cours de bac is only for medicine" is that only for medicine is there a distinction between university students who are in the process of completing a bachelor's (the cut off CRUs are ridiculously high in this case) and those who have completed one (CRU not as high).

For any other program, there is no distinction, making it easier to get in. You're either considered a university student or a cegep student. However, should you choose to apply to optometry this year (and I think you should: even if you don't get in, at least you'll know what your CRU is), your cegep credits will still count for a decent amount even though you're considered a university applicant. Only after you've accumulated 50 university credits do your cegep grades not count anymore.

Make sense? Any other questions, let me know.

Archived