Premed 101 Forums

Mccee For Us Do

I'm a former family medicine PA from Canada currently at an American DO school.  I am looking toward taking the MCCEE and NAC OSCE over the coming fall/winter and am not really sure how I am supposed to prep for these? 

I am a bit more concerned about the MCCEE which I am looking to take in November. Should my clinical knowledge as a former PA and a med student carry me through or should I be devoting dedicated study time to a particular resource such as a question bank or review book?

Should my clinical knowledge as a former PA and a med student carry me through or should I be devoting dedicated study time to a particular resource such as a question bank or review book?

The real question you're asking here is, "do I need to study for this exam"?  I would be doing you a huge disservice by saying no, so I'll just say yes. The MCCEE is a high stakes test, and doing poorly on it can have consequences for IMGs with regards to getting interviews for residency.

There should be some sample questions on the site for you to get a feel for the difficulty and depth of study needed. Get a question bank, review book etc, whatever works for you. It doesn't really matter because nothing is officially endorsed by the MCC.

The real question you're asking here is, "do I need to study for this exam"?  I would be doing you a huge disservice by saying no, so I'll just say yes. The MCCEE is a high stakes test, and doing poorly on it can have consequences for IMGs with regards to getting interviews for residency.

There should be some sample questions on the site for you to get a feel for the difficulty and depth of study needed. Get a question bank, review book etc, whatever works for you. It doesn't really matter because nothing is officially endorsed by the MCC.

Thanks.  Any particular bank or review book? Toronto Notes? UWorld? Is uworld useful?

UWorld is good. The question stems on the mccee are much shorter though. If you did the USMLEs then this test should be very straightforward by comparison. I did some Canadaqbank and thought it was decent too.

I didn't read Toronto notes, but I heard its sections on stats and Canadian-specific legal/ethical stuff is useful.

UWorld is good. The question stems on the mccee are much shorter though. If you did the USMLEs then this test should be very straightforward by comparison. I did some Canadaqbank and thought it was decent too.

I didn't read Toronto notes, but I heard its sections on stats and Canadian-specific legal/ethical stuff is useful.

Thanks.

Archived