Premed 101 Forums

Maverick

Hmmmmm. This is a really tough one. I know some of those schools let you choose your best score while some make you choose your most recent. 7 vs. 3 is a huge difference as well. 

I think I would probably sit in on the exam, write it to the best of my ability and then pause on that void screen to contemplate once finished. If you felt you  bombed the exam (which seems unlikely given the trend in your scores and the additional practice you've done), then void.... but if you felt ok, I feel like it's worth the risk to potentially have 4 more schools in the mix. That's just my opinion. I feel like you're thinking the same from the tone of your post.

It sucks that CARS was the one you bombed. Any other 127 would've been largely inconsequential. With that being said, your scores are still okay and your GPA is good. I'd imagine that you'd get a few interviews this time around with this setup depending on stuff like CASPER performance. As the poster above me said, I'd suggest you re-write and decide then if you want to void it. Just keep in mind that for the most part, GPA>MCAT>ECs, so don't be too stressed out!

Thanks MDHopefullyMe! The thing about that void screen is its so dang hard to tell you know? Like I felt pretty bad about P/C and terrible about P/S but felt good about B/B yet somehow that wound up being my lowest science score! It's such a crapshoot to predict your marks! I'll be going with my gut here, it almost seems like the easier you thought the section was the more you fucked it up...however for AAMC scored I was confident about my performance and my score was good! I'll be looking for that feeling if I decide to have it graded.

Exactly how I felt. That CARS felt ok for me, I knew my score was in the 125-128 range, but I was thinking it would be the higher end based on how confident I was in some of the questions and it felt overall better than the scored aamc exam. Didn't end up getting that 128 :P

Exactly how I felt. That CARS felt ok for me, I knew my score was in the 125-128 range, but I was thinking it would be the higher end based on how confident I was in some of the questions and it felt overall better than the scored aamc exam. Didn't end up getting that 128 :P

What'd you end up getting?

• 1 month later...

Did it guys <3 Just an update if anyone ever finds themselves in the little fix I was in.

Perhaps it is true that the preparation will always pay off (unless there are unfortunate external circumstances)! I retook and scored 520: 129/129/131/131 with an extra month of intense studying after my first test date. Hope this post may help you overcome a similar dilemma if you find yourself torn on whether or not to retake an already good score. I'm overjoyed! Thank you to all the people who posted or PM'd me in support of my original post, I wish you all the best in the upcoming cycle :)

Ultra mah boiiii, you did it brother. Have a few drinks for all of us that have been watching you in your MCAT journey.

Cheers!

Did it guys <3 Just an update if anyone ever finds themselves in the little fix I was in.

Perhaps it is true that the preparation will always pay off (unless there are unfortunate external circumstances)! I retook and scored 520: 129/129/131/131 with an extra month of intense studying after my first test date. Hope this post may help you overcome a similar dilemma if you find yourself torn on whether or not to retake an already good score. I'm overjoyed! Thank you to all the people who posted or PM'd me in support of my original post, I wish you all the best in the upcoming cycle :)

Great job! Did you end up making applications in time for Calgary and Alberta? 

Archived