Premed 101 Forums

Considering Career Change...please Advise.

A bit of background on me. I'm a 27 yr old that's been working in the typical office job after graduating from business school in December 2015.

Thing is, I was in health sciences in high school and had excellent marks before marking the mistake of choosing a biology undergrad at McGill that I was not passionate about, doing mediocre in my first year (2.70 gpa). I then switched majors completely and studied english literature for 2 years and did quite well (3.9 gpa) but then realized there are no jobs to be had so applied to business school and completed a full undergrad for 3 years with final cgpa 3.3 for the degree.

Now having discovered and learnt from this forum, I realized I should have applied for physiotherapy in the beginning while I had the marks-if only I knew about the field back then.

Question is, with my qualifications, so do I have a chance as a mature applicant for OT/PT schools ? (after re-doing my pre-reqs I suppose for they are more than 8 yrs old). What could I do to improve my chances?

Also, for people who are currently in the field, can you name the worst cons of the profession so I can have an idea of the worst to expect? And what are the salary ranges for fresh-grads out of school? What is the job market like?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Archived