Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Not Accepting Gulf Students ?

Hello,

I came across something in the AFMC student portal and I got really curious.

In McGill's institution profile under international students, it says:

Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for the year 2016 from students registered at King Abdulaziz University College of Medicine and Allied Sciences, King Saud University, Kuwait University, United Arab Emirates University, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences College of Medicine, Arabian Gulf University, King Faisal University,  Al-Imam Muhammad Bin Saud Islamic University College of Medicine, Taif University, United Arab Emirates and Alfaisal University College of Medicine.

I am not a member of any of these universities, but does any one know what is the cause behind this ?

Hello,

I came across something in the AFMC student portal and I got really curious.

In McGill's institution profile under international students, it says:

Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for the year 2016 from students registered at King Abdulaziz University College of Medicine and Allied Sciences, King Saud University, Kuwait University, United Arab Emirates University, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences College of Medicine, Arabian Gulf University, King Faisal University,  Al-Imam Muhammad Bin Saud Islamic University College of Medicine, Taif University, United Arab Emirates and Alfaisal University College of Medicine.

I am not a member of any of these universities, but does any one know what is the cause behind this ?

This is strange, a large portion of their residents come from such schools.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived