Premed 101 Forums

Did Anyone Get An Interview Last Cycle With A 124 In Cars?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen anyone speak up about this on these forums yet... I wonder if that is because no one actually has received an interview/the chances of finding someone who uses these forums and received that score/feeling embarrassed about posting something like that here based on that score.

This cycle will be interesting for sure!

I haven't seen anyone speak up about this on these forums yet... I wonder if that is because no one actually has received an interview/the chances of finding someone who uses these forums and received that score/feeling embarrassed about posting something like that here based on that score.

This cycle will be interesting for sure!

True plus the fact that ~500 get interviewed and <100 post on here!

I wonder if someone landed an interview with a 126 Physics/Chem section? I know there was a PhD student who received an invite with 125 last cycle according to the pinned thread, but it's difficult to determine if there are separate MCAT cutoffs for grads vs. non-grads with such a small sample

edit: I would apply if I were you though!^ The percentile ranks have changed slightly from the 2015 MCAT, if that helps at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dust_Bucket... refs apply..... depending on ur GPA Mac could go super well for u who cares about the other sections.... only rewrite if u do not think u are competitive for u of t, ottawa and mac

My GPA's not spectacular but it's not bad ~3.85. Ideally the score doesn't take me out of the running for too many schools haha. 

• 1 month later...

I know someone last year who got an interview with 123 in CARS, but had like next to 132 in every other section. 

Also applying this year in the same boat with 514 total but 124 in CARS...I guess we'll see.

Yes, only time will tell as the cutoffs change every year. Remain positive, only ~1.5 months left until we hear back!

I know someone last year who got an interview with 123 in CARS, but had like next to 132 in every other section. 

Also applying this year in the same boat with 514 total but 124 in CARS...I guess we'll see.

Interesting when I asked admissions they said they had "section cutoffs" and an "overall cutoff" but maybe a higher overall can out-weigh a lower section score.

Archived