Premed 101 Forums

Oop Applying To Memorial

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone !

I want to apply for Memorial med for the first time. I'm OOP (from Ontario). Do I need show a connection to the Maritimes like for Dal (I'm not applying to Dal because they only accept the new MCAT)?

Says there's no minimum MCAT requirement, but could anyone give me a realistic idea of my chances with a 27 MCAT (9/10/8) and a 3.82 GPA? Strongest part of my application is ECs

Also while I'm posting might as well ask... with my MCAT do I have a chance at any Western med schools (UBC, Alberta, Calgary, Saskatchewan, Alberta)?

I don't have the money to "just apply" if I don't have a realistic shot at an interview so please give me advice :)

I am unsure how many OOP spots they have at MUN now but back when I went to MUN it was 4 spots per year. They are competitive since there are so few spots. If you can get an interview that would be great. I hear MUN is more flexible with MCAT results and GPA but I am unsure of the details. The people I know who got the OOP spots my year, I wish I had their MCAT scores and other stats but I do not. For me, I had ECs, 33 MCAT and 4.2 GPA in a Bachelor's degree and got accepted after my 2nd time applying in the NB pool. 10 NB applicants were accepted that year.

Archived