Premed 101 Forums

Opinions Please!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for another post about my chances. I really don't know if it is worth applying to Western with my following stats:

1st Year: 3.41 

2nd Year: 3.69

3rd Year: 3.82 (However I had 27 credits instead of 30 and they only consider 30 as full time?) 

4th Year: 3.76 

(Currently doing a 5th year) 

MCAT (New):

128/127/127/128  (CARS is 127 and their cutoff last year was 130)

Do you think there is any chance or hope in applying? Any honest opinion is welcome. 

Thank you. 

I don't expect there to be a drop in the MCAT by that much, I'm sorry. CARS might drop to 129 this year, but it is VERY UNLIKELY to be 127. The Bio/Biochem is also expected to increase this year, historically. Sorry, but I don't think it's worth a shot unless you really don't care about the money. Unless you have IP status, I would also recommend rewriting your MCAT. With your noncompetitive GPA, your best shots are a stellar MCAT and yours is fairly average. I know this sounds harsh, but a friend of mine with similar stats went from no hope/interviews to getting 5 by rewriting! 

I don't expect there to be a drop in the MCAT by that much, I'm sorry. CARS might drop to 129 this year, but it is VERY UNLIKELY to be 127. The Bio/Biochem is also expected to increase this year, historically. Sorry, but I don't think it's worth a shot unless you really don't care about the money. Unless you have IP status, I would also recommend rewriting your MCAT. With your noncompetitive GPA, your best shots are a stellar MCAT and yours is fairly average. I know this sounds harsh, but a friend of mine with similar stats went from no hope/interviews to getting 5 by rewriting! 

I appreciate the honest opinion, thank you. Just another question and this time about UofT. Do you think I would qualify for their weighted gpa if 3 of my 4 years is full time and I have dropped a course in one of them? 

Archived