Premed 101 Forums

Ubc Pharmacy Applications 2016/2017- Class Of 2021

SynB

For those who got an interview, can you share by which date you have to decline/accept the interview invitation?

I received my invite on the first day (March 29) and I had to reply by Sunday, April 2nd. So I think those who didn't respond or declined, their spots would have been offered today or at least sometime soon this week. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats SynB! 

Klem - It wouldn't hurt to contact Carol Kuang @ UBC PharmD Admissions to inquire on how the interview invitations are sent out. While the chances of receiving one are diminishing, I never gave up hope and called them to inquire all the time. Give them a call and see what they say :)

Does anyone happen to know if the interviewers for the MMI interact with you during the 5 minute interview? Or do you have to talk for 5 minutes straight to argue your point?

Thanks!

When I did it last year the interviewers interacted with you a bit to ask follow-up questions so you ended up talking for the first little bit and then they would ask you questions to guide you to the points that they really wanted to know about. In the interactive actor station you don't talk to the assessor though, just the actor. Hope this helps!

@BCPharmGirl Thank you, that helped a lot! How did you prepare for the interview? Did you follow a certain guideline for answering questions or did you just go with the flow and spoke whatever came to mind? If I start to ask questions about the scenario will the interviewer answer my questions or will my answer have to be given solely based on the paragraph written on the door?

@BCPharmGirl Thank you, that helped a lot! How did you prepare for the interview? Did you follow a certain guideline for answering questions or did you just go with the flow and spoke whatever came to mind? If I start to ask questions about the scenario will the interviewer answer my questions or will my answer have to be given solely based on the paragraph written on the door?

While I can't answer for BCPharmGirl, if you are looking to practice for this year's MMI, there are a couple options:

1) UBC MMI Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167080533401686/?ref=group_browse_new 

2) Another Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/395530617470490/?ref=group_browse_new

3) Skype MMI Practice Sessions: I offer these mainly on weekends or by special request (there is a schedule with openings). Sessions include discussing ethics principles, discussion of ethic questions, practice MMI questions in a similar style and feedback on delivery. If this is of interest, add "chrisduke5838" on Skype and I will add you to the group for MMI Practice. 

That is all I have for how to prepare! You can also find practice UBC MMI Questions (Medicine) here: http://science-student.sites.olt.ubc.ca/files/2014/01/Sample-Questions-2013-2014.pdf

I did some practice with friends to get familiar with having to come up with something to say quickly so I would recommend doing that a few times or if you can meet up with other people applying through CDuke93's links then I would recommend that. I didn't really follow any guideline because every scenario is kind of different, but I'm sure some people did and that may have helped them. The interviewer may not be able to answer your questions so I would suggest just going off of whatever is on the door. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think about 600-700 or something like that total for the interviews

Nope, 350 people were interviewed for this cycle. Confirmed with Carol Kuang on Wednesday. 

Based on the 224 spots available, the top 60% of interviewee's will be accepted into the program. 

Congratulations on finishing your interviews! It was nice meeting you guys :) 

As I mentioned during check-in, remember to join the Facebook group once you get your offer and keep an eye out for the Great Pharmacy Adventure signup later this summer!

• 3 weeks later...

This wait is way to long.. anyone have any updates?

Boy I ran into this thread thinking there was an update since the last comment was on May 8. As the above posters said, there should be offers given out this week or early June , if they follow what they did last year (I checked last year's thread too).

Archived