Premed 101 Forums

Personal Narrative

Mohammed

Maintain the same font they have, so if in the CV portion it's Calibri, and in the PN portion it's Arial, just leave it like that (or when you paste it into the document, make sure it matches what they have there).

The problem if I do so, the space for the narrative would not fit in the box. If I follow the CV format, it would. That's why I am asking.

The problem if I do so, the space for the narrative would not fit in the box. If I follow the CV format, it would. That's why I am asking.

If your concern is just the size of the text boxes for the narratives, you can make them slightly bigger or smaller to accommodate the text inside. Do not change the font style or the font size. As long as you are within the word limit for your narrative responses and you don't change the text formatting, you can play with the box margins a little bit. Given that some words are longer than others, for the same word count, some paragraphs will be longer or shorter. I didn't run into any trouble last year doing that. 

If your concern is just the size of the text boxes for the narratives, you can make them slightly bigger or smaller to accommodate the text inside. Do not change the font style or the font size. As long as you are within the word limit for your narrative responses and you don't change the text formatting, you can play with the box margins a little bit. Given that some words are longer than others, for the same word count, some paragraphs will be longer or shorter. I didn't run into any trouble last year doing that. 

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone of you guys can PM me? That's my first time applying at Mcgill and would like to get some advice according the personal narrative. Would be very kinf from you! 

Thanks!

Try and send me your drafts. Do not focus on word limit, rather on content at this stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived